I've got the blues (and more!), and it's never felt so good (pics). :)

fieryfashionist

aka Minal :)
O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
Hi ladies!! :smile: I figured I'd do a reveal, but I'd forgotten how much work it was to take pics haha, phew! I'll work my way up to the bag in the title of the thread haha... it'll be a quick reveal... but there are two other items I'll post first! So, please don't post for a while until I've posted a few times and added a $hitload of pics haha... it's just easier that way. :P

I was in NM Aug. 12th for one of the events and nothing caught my eye in Chanel! Well, I looked at the costume jewelry pieces and suddenly died, because the necklace I tried to get last year from the Le Duc collection (I almost had the very last one, but it was sold!) was mysteriously available (re-released for '09A)!! :nuts: I have the earrings and love them... wouldn't wear them together though. I can honestly say that my long necklace collection is more than complete... I'll have to do a little family pic gosometime!

Here is my pretty long pearl/bead necklace from the "Le Duc" collection (it was $1150 before tax)... and the style info for those of you who might want it is below! :smile:

09A A40599Y94323
Z2563 Noir/Ivoire

I found a cute brooch/pin (it can function as either!) from Nordstrom a while back that looks pretty with the necklace... here are a few ways to wear it!

Long/plain:
Leduc2.jpg

Doubled up:
Leduc3.jpg

With my pretty brooch/pin:
Leduc1.jpg

It also has a hook so that you can wear it as a belt... it's very versatile... I'm in love!! :love:

Minal, your sooo pretty! You look great. I have the necklace, it looks soo good with the pin. I have to tell my friend they re released it as she wanted it too.

Sooo... I’ve been waiting for the bag in the title of my thread for months... and silly me, I wandered in to an evil dept. store (otherwise known as BG haha) and fell in LOVE with this amazing, neutral bag!! :cloud9: Chanel calls it taupe, but I disagree. I think greyish, cool undertones when I think taupe, and this bag sure as hell doesn't fit in with that haha! I’d say there’s a hint of pinkish/cool undertone to it, but overall, it’s more caramelly/nutty light brown... and it looks amazing with the gold h/w. I don’t think I’ve seen the gold h/w version here, but I could have missed it. I have officially found my perfect warm neutral caviar Jumbo! Style info/code below:

‘09A A28600Y01864
81344 Taupe

I took a lot of pictures, because it’s impossible to capture the color (well, especially when you have my crap picture taking skills)! I also took pictures where you can see it alongside my ‘00V dark beige medium caviar flap with silver h/w and my ‘09C/’00V beige clair medium caviar flap with gold h/w... I’m missing my ‘00V dark beige hobo with gold h/w, oops. :-p

Miss "Taupe" in natural sunlight:
Taupe1.jpg

In dimmer light (but still natural light):
Taupe2.jpg

With beige clair on the left and dark beige on the right:
Taupe7.jpg

Same as above:
Taupe8.jpg

One more pic with the three beige flaps:
Taupe8.jpg

Close up difference in color (top left = beige clair, top right = dark beige and bottom = Taupe):
Taupe11.jpg

Chains (top to bottom = Taupe, beige clair and dark beige):
Taupe6.jpg

Okay, on to the bag in the title!! :yahoo: I have been DYING to get my hands on this bag ever since I heard it would be coming out some months back... anyway, I fell in love yesterday, and I'm still head over heels in love!! It's also impossible to capture the true color of this bag!

My biggest fear was that the bag would be too dark and practically a navy/black (had that happen to me a few years ago with the navy from that season)... or, that it would be greyish blue (which wouldn't look good with gold h/w IMO), because I have a bleu fonce Jumbo from '06 that is greyish blue (and I so cannot see that with gold haha).

Fortunately, this is a true navy... and with the gold h/w, it's drop dead gorgeous!! I'll let the pictures do the talking. :smile: Style code/info below:

'09A A28600Y01864
83932 Bleu Fonce (28)

In sunlight:
Navy3.jpg

In dimmer natural light:
Navy4.jpg

Close up of the hardware and chains:
Navy5.jpg

Navy8.jpg

With the shades drawn during the day:
Navy6.jpg

With flash at night: