I've got a hankerin'...

pursemonkey

monkeyseemonkeybuy
O.G.
Jul 3, 2008
...for somethin' grey and quilted!! :girlsigh:

This is a bag I would hopefully snag during the fall/winter sales. I'd like to plan ahead and have some sort of focus (difficult for me!) going into the sales, rather than letting The Moment get me. Any thoughts on which quilted grey bag you think I should get?

First I thought I wanted a Spring Street bag...

It's super soft (goat leather, I believe) and fairly classic so I wouldn't get tired of it. It's light and comfortable on the shoulder, another plus in my book. However, the fact that the leather is so supple means that there is potential for the bottom to sag when filled.

I just recently started looking at Cecilias, particularly the small.

PAAAAADEGHLGDAFN.jpg

My concern with this one is whether the two handles could fit over the shoulder, how the bag looks carried on the shoulder by the longer strap, and how much I could fit inside it. I've had trouble finding any really good modeling shots of this one and I haven't yet tried it on IRL.

Any other ideas on grey quilted styles to be on the lookout for, either newer styles or older ones that might pop up on the *bay? Thanks, ladies!

they are both gorgeous! I am loving the cecilia..it is a little small but should carry all of the essentials!!! I tried on the spring and murray street bags and they have a lot of room inside but are a bit bulky and it's kinda hard to put your arm down over the bag when you have it on your shoulder..does't look like the cecilia would have that problem.

The small Cecilia seems a bit small, especially if you were initially considering the Spring Street size.
Back to build-a-bag: it's too bad the Cecilia wasn't made in the same light grey goat leather--I like the Spring St grey better than the Cecilia, which seemed a little flat IMO.

What about the Bruna/Casey/Messenger line? I've trumpeted that dark grey often enough, and these bags are still floating around. Hopefully they'll go on sale soon. Elux still has the casey and I saw the grey messenger at Saks today.

i like the spring street. i think the hardware detail looks interesting and different. the horizontal zipper is the one thing that prevents me from really loving the cecilia. finally, the spring st has a mini pushlock. who can resist that?!

I'm carrying a small cecilia now! I'm madly in love with the style. I generally don't wear it on my shoulder though. Maybe the bigger one you could...

The small carries enough stuff, but not everything (like a cosmetic bag, no). But it's a great every day size!

I need to tell you about a beautiful bag I just saw at Neimans! It was a patent stam in Taupe! (which was gray). It was the most gorgeous bag I have ever laid eyes on in MJ~ I just wish it would have been on sale as well as the size of a baby stam. I have not seen this bag anywhere else~

Do you know where else it is sold at? Since we are discussing gray bags here thought this would be perfect for this thread.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but there's always a chance that the quilted grey bags won't go on sale -- at least that's what happened with all the s/s sales -- all of the quilted grey bags got carried over into f/w and never went on sale -- not sure about the spring street, but I have a feeling the grey cecelia won't be on sale come Nov --

but if you still have plans on buying one, even if its at full price -- I saw go for the Spring Street -- it's lighter weight than the cecelia for starters (I think the cecelia is still calf leather -- it feels thicker, stiffer and heavier than the spring streets), plus I think it's too similar to the stam, which you ended up selling