Ive finally bought a Cerises Speedy Yay!

bunny

Handbags R Us
Feb 2, 2006
I just had to share my joy, after wanting one for ages, I have just purchased one from Let-Trade today. I couldnt sleep for excitement (sad I know) and I just cant wait till it gets here. Seeing all the Cerises on this board, just fed my craving, so now I can too join the Speedy club. Yipee :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Its my first ever LV, well the first one Ive ever bought myself.

On the description there are a few minor faults, such as a smoke smell but Ill just have to get rid of it somehow by searching the board for advice and I couldnt see any padlock and key but Ill just have to purchase one if necessary. But Im so thrilled. Here is a picture of it if anyone is interested. :nuts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6865759649

Thanks Ladies, Ill keep an eye out for you too Heartfelt. I know how it feels to want one bad... (Ive just been watching Let-trade's store religiously and yesterday to my joy, one came up, the last one I saw was too expensive for me though it was in a better condition, its on his website too)

I forgot to add, for those who do see the pics, do you mind casting your expert eye on it and letting me know what you think of the condition.

thanks everyone

To get rid of the smoke smell, you can do something Febreeze. I forget what exactly, but I'm sure someone else can elaborate.

And if you're lucky and have an awesome SA, you won't have to pay for an extra lock or key :biggrin: Mine just gave me and my mom some extra sets when my mom mentioned she was annoyed with the darkening/rusting of the brass.

thanks for the congrats, so sweet of everyone and thanks for the advice about the smoke smell and padlock and key, I did email them to ask if there was a padlock but no response yet. If there isnt one, Ill try my luck and see if they can throw a spare in for me.

Cannot wait till it arrives, cant stop looking at the pics and Im at work. How bad am I. I should be working yet Im staring at the bag pics :love:

Congrat's
I love that bag, Enjoy :love:

bunny said:
I just had to share my joy, after wanting one for ages, I have just purchased one from Let-Trade today. I couldnt sleep for excitement (sad I know) and I just cant wait till it gets here. Seeing all the Cerises on this board, just fed my craving, so now I can too join the Speedy club. Yipee :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Its my first ever LV, well the first one Ive ever bought myself.

On the description there are a few minor faults, such as a smoke smell but Ill just have to get rid of it somehow by searching the board for advice and I couldnt see any padlock and key but Ill just have to purchase one if necessary. But Im so thrilled. Here is a picture of it if anyone is interested. :nuts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6865759649

If the smoke smell is mostly inside, you could maybe stick one of those arm&hammer baking soda things inside and keep it zipped up for a few days.

If the smell is mostly outside, maybe you could just surround it with dry, nice smelling things and wrap it up? (dunno how much sense that made:P )

I wouldn't recommend Febreeze because if it gets on the vachetta, it will stain and it could potentially hurt the canvas or the cherries. Also, Febreeze can be a bit sticky.

Good Luck and enjoy your bag!:smile:

Congrats on your Cerises Speedy! I've heard of using an ionic breeze machine to remove smoke, mothball, etc. smells. Just put the Speedy over the end of the machine, and leave it there for a couple of days. Good luck, and enjoy your new bag!