I've cheated on Bal...

And I've purchased a Mulberry Alexa in Oak, due to be delivered next week! I adore Bal but I really wanted a cross-body bag and having realised the Velo was too large for me and the Town too small, I finally bit the bullet and bought the Alexa.

I will do a reveal when I receive her, but I think I will have to post it in the Mulberry forums. I'm very excited but also slightly apprehensive as I've only ever bought Bal bags! I just hope my Alexa serves me well, I have heard about issues...but owing to her popularity, at least I know I can resell her further down the line if I don't get on with her for any reason...

Any other Bal lovers here who own an Alexa? Would love to hear how the Alexa wears in comparison to Bal, although I already have a feeling that Bal's wear better than Mulberry's... Guess I'll just have to take good care of her!

steph22

O.G.
Apr 4, 2010
England
Hi

I own the black Alexa and a black Bal. Love them both but I can wear Alexa cross body unlike the Bal. Love the style of the two bags, I'm sure you will too :smile:

CPrincessUK

Caribbean Princess
Jul 7, 2011
UK
www.caribbeanprincessmusings.com
And I've purchased a Mulberry Alexa in Oak, due to be delivered next week! I adore Bal but I really wanted a cross-body bag and having realised the Velo was too large for me and the Town too small, I finally bit the bullet and bought the Alexa.

I will do a reveal when I receive her, but I think I will have to post it in the Mulberry forums. I'm very excited but also slightly apprehensive as I've only ever bought Bal bags! I just hope my Alexa serves me well, I have heard about issues...but owing to her popularity, at least I know I can resell her further down the line if I don't get on with her for any reason...

Any other Bal lovers here who own an Alexa? Would love to hear how the Alexa wears in comparison to Bal, although I already have a feeling that Bal's wear better than Mulberry's... Guess I'll just have to take good care of her!
I am more of a Bayswater girl but I do like how the Alexa looks on other people! I am considering cheating on Mulberry with Bal although worried that Bal may not be as sturdy!;)

Looking forward to your reveal.

smally

Feb 8, 2011
Scotland
I've got some Bals as well as my mulberrys and love them all. Alexa is a fantastic cross body bag. Hope you love it when you get it.

Nov 20, 2007
Canada
I am a hardcore bal fan, and just bought my first Alexa as well!

I am definitely finding that I baby my Alexa more than any of my other Balenciaga bags, but she surprisingly wears very well (getting the beautiful Bal type slouch to her now!) and I haven't had any problems with colour transfer yet. Most of my Bals are dark, and my Alexa is plaster pink, so I'm always obsessively finding a tiny area that has darkened or cracked a little or has rubbed down a bit, but I think that is me being paranoid / the bag being lighter in colour, so any flaws are more noticeable.

She'll wear beautifully, and is a wonderful bag! Congrats on the Oak!

Rani

O.G.
Mar 5, 2008
Congratulations, I'm sure you will love it and find it very versatile. I have 2 bals and a mini Alexa. The bal leather is very soft, which I love and I sometimes worry about it scratching. To me the leather on my mini Alexa seems more sturdy. I love my mini Alexa so much I am now saving up for the regular size Alexa. The Alexa is a great slouchy bag and I love the braided strap.

annaswe

Feb 17, 2010
Congrats and happy birthday in advance - looking forward to seeing your alexa! Nothing wrong in venturing in to new brands :smile: