I've been SCAMMED on ebay, too...

The listing has disappeared. It is not under "items that you've won" anymore. I emailed Ebay, but haven't heard back, yet.

I emailed the seller, but she never replied.

I paid with a Visa card from CapitalOne. I just read that AMEX has better service for this kind of cases. If Paypal doesn't refund me the money, I will definetely call my CC company for a charge back, since this is counterfeit fraud. I'm also going to report this to Louis Vuitton.

eBays arbitrary removal of the listing is unfair. Perhaps it would be wise for buyers to print a copy of listing for their records? I imagine myself in your place and shudder. Stay strong. PayPal is notoriously slow in resolving these matters but I've no doubt you'll prevail in the end.:yes:

eBays arbitrary removal of the listing is unfair. Perhaps it would be wise for buyers to print a copy of listing for their records? I imagine myself in your place and shudder. Stay strong. PayPal is notoriously slow in resolving these matters but I've no doubt you'll prevail in the end.:yes:

Thanks for the support!

I would have printed the listing if ebay didn't take it off. Ebay states somewhere that if they remove the listing, the listing is considered "Cancelled." I don't know what that means, because my transaction was a legit purchase and it went through. I just hope that Paypal can still see the listing, for claims purpose.

So what was the outcome? Did you get you money back from CC company? I hope so!
No outcome yet as my claim was only lodged last week - I just recieved my email to Ebay regarding the removal of the Auction page back. I had a lot of trouble finding the link two days ago to actually get an email through to them so to have it returned as undeliverable today is very frustrating. If any of you wise ladies (or gents) know of the link that would get me through please let me know. If I could get the page back again it would prove that I didnt swap the bag as soon as I recieved it. I am wondering whether it will be a case of throwing good money after bad if I have to pay to have it authenticated its so blatently obvious that it is vinyl just the smell alone!! :nogood: Oh well fingers cross that maybe I can have the authentication done at a local bag shop because with the exchange rate having it done in the US is really going to cost me.
If only I had found this site before I purchased. But now I have it will not happen again, I hope!!

Thanks for the support!

I would have printed the listing if ebay didn't take it off. Ebay states somewhere that if they remove the listing, the listing is considered "Cancelled." I don't know what that means, because my transaction was a legit purchase and it went through. I just hope that Paypal can still see the listing, for claims purpose.

Exact same problem as I have - I thought the page would at least stay in my history but when I went through that it had even gone from there!! Some days you just cannot win can you.

file a claim and escalate it right way... i'm sorry that this things happened , i hope that you'll get you money , i learn my lesson too w/ my previous transaction. and thank GOd , i got all my 1k back.

If ebay removed a listing, even after the auction has ended, the buyer is not obligated to follow through if he/she hasn't paid yet. Since it was pulled, my guess is because they determined the bag was fake. Hopefully, just the simple fact they removed the auction for a reason may automatically award you a reversal if you provide proof of it being returned (just wait until you hear from them first).

Success!!! The seller sent me a full refund - I stood my ground when she offered me half my payment back and told her that I had proof from the photos that I hadnt swapped the bag and that the photos proved the bag she was selling was a fake even if I had swapped it!!

Now armed with all the useful information I have gathered in this fantastic forum I am hoping I will be able to purchase a real Chloe Paddinton. I do hope you dont mind my picking your brains as I see ones I might like.

thanks all.

I am very concerned about the missing auctions that two of the posters experienced. I am very computer-dumb and I think I have heard of a way to save a hard copy of listings. I do buy LV on Ebay occasionally and I think I would like to make a copy for my records whenever I win an auction.

Does anyone know how to save an aution to my computer or make a hard copy? Is it as simple as highlighting the page and clicking 'print'?

You don't need to highlight anything - just click Print, and print out the page. You can also click Save As or Save Page As (depends which browser you're using) on the File menu, and choose the type "Web page, complete" - that will save all the images with the page.

If you do Save Page As, once this web page is removed, the link will be invalid. In order to save the image permanetly, either you print the listing to a printer and save it as a hard copy, or you could use Adobe Acrobat to save your printouts as PDF files and save those PDF copies in your computer.