I've been a bad bad girl…3 pre-loved purchases

gettinpurseonal

Can I bathe in them?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
I needed some regular hardware in my life and a smaller bag than the City, so I just purchased **3** yes **3** bags. The prices were so good I could not pass them up. For all three together, I paid hundreds less than the cost of one new bag. First of all, I find I don't use my giant 12 and 21 rose gold hardware City bags because I really want a little regular hardware in my life. Secondly, I need a smaller bag for certain occasions, so the short-lived hunt began. I am a bag whore, so it didn't take me long to find a few to hook up with. I am now awaiting these broken in babies

The first one is faded, but I kind of like it, it was a super low price, and I had bought from this seller before. I may try to re-dye it or maybe I will like it the way it is. I have never restored a bag before so this may be an experiment. Stay tuned for modeling shots when they arrive.

I am feeling very guilty because I also just bought a pre-loved Celine and a pre-loved Chanel (only $900!!) last month and the month before. I think I need a bag ban!! :-s <cutting up my credit cards>

Attachments

• balfirstblue1.jpg
    balfirstblue1.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 680
  • balcitygrey1.jpg
    balcitygrey1.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 681
  • balfirstpraline1.png
    balfirstpraline1.png
    343.8 KB · Views: 685
I needed some regular hardware in my life and a smaller bag than the City, so I just purchased **3** yes **3** bags. The prices were so good I could not pass them up. For all three together, I paid hundreds less than the cost of one new bag. First of all, I find I don't use my giant 12 and 21 rose gold hardware City bags because I really want a little regular hardware in my life. Secondly, I need a smaller bag for certain occasions, so the short-lived hunt began. I am a bag whore, so it didn't take me long to find a few to hook up with. I am now awaiting these broken in babies

The first one is faded, but I kind of like it, it was a super low price, and I had bought from this seller before. I may try to re-dye it or maybe I will like it the way it is. I have never restored a bag before so this may be an experiment. Stay tuned for modeling shots when they arrive.

I am feeling very guilty because I also just bought a pre-loved Celine and a pre-loved Chanel (only $900!!) last month and the month before. I think I need a bag ban!! :-s <cutting up my credit cards>

A woman after my own heart...I kinda like the fade on the top one, I think I'd just try to clean up the handles and then make a decision.

Guilty pleasure don't you think? :P

I agree, I think the first one is beautiful & really like the color it has faded to. What is the original color?

I agree, I think the first one is beautiful & really like the color it has faded to. What is the original color?

I know Bal blue bags fade like anything, but I purchased an outremar weekender off eBay and it was faded. I dithered about dyeing it, even tho Fiebings do a blue that was a good match, but my worry was that the bag would become less smooshy and the dye would harden the leather., also I wondered if a dyed bag would have less resale value if I decided to sell it on. Ultimately it's a personal choice, but for me right now I plan to live with my faded outremar as is, if I'd wanted to splurge on a new pristine bag even if I'd been able to get a near perfect one I'd probably be scared to use it!!!

Wear them all in good health - ps olive one lovely too!!!

The turquoise First was pretty faded but is in excellent condition. I read somewhere to use olive oil so I rubbed some on and it soaked it up. I also turned the lining inside out and washed it with some peppermint soap, then put fabric sheets and silicone packets inside the bag and stuck it in a drying rack in the dryer. The musty moldy smell is almost gone. It came from Japan where it is moist. I have purchased other used bags from Japan with this problem. I went to buy Fiebing's dye to restore the color, but they only had brown and black so I am going to order some online.

The bag was so dry and faded when I got it, but the olive oil really seems to have helped. You can see the original color of the bag from the mirror and strap. In one of the last photos, that's is my shadow in the bag, not a stain.

These photos are after the cleaning and conditioning, but I still need to dye it.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 344
I think I am going to return the praline First because it was about $150 more than another one I just got on Ebay. It is in great shape, but I kind of like the worn look. I now have 3 neutral color Balenciagas ranging from light cafe RGGH, to this more broken in cafe RH, to a medium grey First RH. $900 for 3 pre-loved Balenciagas (not counting the cafe RGGH I bought brand new several years ago) is such a steal!!