Ivanka ***** Jewelry Line

I saw this in the current issue of Town and Country, a full page ad (pg 135).
I was too mezmerized by the DiModolo Catherine Zeta Jones ad. Oh, and the Graff ad. Some of her stuff is cute, but I don't think I'd wear it.

The tassel pieces are exactly like some jewellery I designed and made a couple of years ago - briolette cut stones and pearls. So when my sister saw one of the ads, she was like "Hey, since when did you loan your jewellery to Ivanka?!" :P

Jokes aside, I agree with most posters that I'm certain her pieces are insanely expensive and, in that sort of price market, I'd rather go for something from Cartier - there's not much romantic about having a little box with "*****" on the top!

i like her jewelry a lot. i have a gift card for her store, so i'm saving up so i can buy my first piece, as i have to put money in for the piece i want.

I read a profile of her jewelry in InStyle a month or two ago. Before that, I was not familiar with her line although I've walked by the store a million times. The Art Deco pieces are gorgeous, I really like a lot of her stuff, most of it is fairly traditional but still distinctive. There were some earrings in the profile, I think they were crystal briolettes/drops on gold wires, with tiny pave diamonds on the front of the wires. So pretty! And under 1K....

I do like some of the pieces...

For the price, I would feel really silly having something stamped "Ivanka *****" though... would much rather see "Carier" or "Tiffany & Co" or "Van Cleef and Arpels"!!