It's Winter In Aus so I need your help!

Gem_ka

Jan 27, 2008
Sydney, Australia!
Hi,
Well it has come to the time of year in Australia where a need a jacket/long-sleeved thing to wear over my dresses that will keep me warm but i have no idea what style! Im mainly going to wear it with black stockings & a big range of dresses - all above the knee.
I don't need it to be from a place in Australia just ideas.
Any ideas? Picture would be great too.

TheNordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Accessopens to Nordies Insider cardmembers today.
Please support the community andclick here prior to checking out!Don't forget to share your haul in the officialNSALE 2020 thread!

mooks

May 4, 2007
Have you looked at the Vince cardigans? They fit beautifully and don't have that granny look

i_wona

like two plums
O.G.
Jan 10, 2007
Australia
Hi gem_ka, try a swing coat or trench - both are fabulous over dresses and have very different styles depending on what you prefer. Swing coats are romantic, quirky and playful, whereas trenches have a more sophisticated and tailored look.

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
Contented
Another vote for the trench! I have one in black and one in beige - they are so versatile and can take a beating too.

Check out David Lawrence and Jigsaw - was in there today, good quality, not too expensive :smile:

rowie1985

O.G.
Oct 2, 2007
Australia
Trenches definately, I have black, slightly off white and cream which I love, look great over dresses!! I'd try Country Road, Morrissey, Wayne Cooper etc

PurpleD

Mar 9, 2008
Wherever the wind takes me
Burberry has a great line of day and evening trench coats. They come it all sorts of colors and fabrics. I own a few Burberry evening coats and a classic trench; I wear them all the time and they’re so durable!