It's Veterans Day!

Couldn't have said it better, Michele. May every veteran feel the appreciation today and everyday. Tonight, I'm taking my favorite veteran, my Dad, out to his favorite restaurant.

It is the Soldier :heart:

It is the Soldier, not the reporter 
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet, 
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer, 
Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer, 
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, who salutes the flag, 
Who serves beneath the flag, 
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, 
Who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

By: Marine Chaplin, Father Dennis Edward O'Brien

Love that Michele! Thanks for sharing!

Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
George S. Patton

God bless our Veterans and all that are active in the armed forces!

I took the day off work today as I do every Nov 11 to attend a Remembrance Day service...it was a beautiful day in Toronto and we had a lovely ceremony

To all our veterans: God bless and THANK YOU!

Yes Thank You to all of our Veterans! I spent the afternoon at a funeral procession here in town for a young soldier killed in Afghanistan on Nov.2nd. I wanted to go to the wake last night and give my condolences to his family, but at this point I dont think I could have made it in the door without falling to pieces. DH did go though, he knew how important it was to me.

Happy Veteran's Day, Happy Remembrance Day, Happy Poppy Day and Happy Armistice Day to all the veteran's all over the world. At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918 . . .