Its time... to finally get Balenciaga Bag with a little bit of help...

serendipity3kb said:
After reading about the problem with the leather why is everyone still purchasing this bag? Is the style, colors that are offered, or you just have to have it? Just wondering?

i love the style and all the colours they have to offer! :nuts:

Loganz said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-S-S2006-Ink-Blue-Balenciaga-City-Bag_W0QQitemZ6838395239QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

that is the ink link (lol at the rhyme)

I too thought the cornflower was lighter - but that might have been the cornflower from December 2004; that for a fact is when I saw it in Departures Magazine, by AMEX. I know I hunted for that damn cornflower bag for weeks - :evil:

hey loganz

thanks for that! i've got it sorted, (i hope, i think)! i think im going to chose between the cornflower, and the encre - but then again im quite interested in seeing what Emerald would look like :lol:

thanks for you help :biggrin:

Bethany: The leather varies from bag to bag I think. When ordering your bag, you can tell the SA your preference for leather, whether you like it smoother or more distressed. Although on these newer bags, some of the "distressing" looks crackly...

As much as I want to wait to see if Balenciaga is going back to its original leather manufacturer, I also do not want to miss out on some possible great colors. If the emerald and rust will turn out to be great colors, I might just get it just for the colors itself but as for neutral colors such as black and brown, I rather get it in the old leather. Man... sometimes I hate fighting with my inner self. I'll wake up wanting to get a B-bag and then the next day not wanting to get one. Am I nuts?

Irissy said:
Man... sometimes I hate fighting with my inner self. I'll wake up wanting to get a B-bag and then the next day not wanting to get one. Am I nuts?

You're not nuts... for the past 3 days all ive been thinking about is how am i going to get one of these bags! every single minute all i do is talk about it with workmates (and im on this forum!!! weee heee) and then when im hanging out with friends in the evening all i want them to do is look at colours!! NOW thats NUTS!!!! :shame:
BUT with all your help, i just need to decide on a colour! Getting closer to having a wonderful bag :biggrin:

serendipity3kb said:
After reading about the problem with the leather why is everyone still purchasing this bag? Is the style, colors that are offered, or you just have to have it? Just wondering?

I think this thing about the leather is all relative. I don't think its that the leather on the more recent bags is actually bad, its just that its not as good as the older leather, which by all accounts is amazing.

Just my $0.02.:amuse:

hi all, I am waiting for the new colors of the weekender too from Aloha rag, but still not sure what color will look the best. any suggestions? i thought i liked the cornflower, i think it's a new color for 2006?! wonder what would be cornflower weekender look like...=)

Cristina said:
All this Balenciaga talk is making me want to order mine now! I'm tempted to call the SA at the Balenciaga store in NYC and order one :love: Must...not....give in! :nuts:

hehehe! me too! i've decided on what colour i'd like but i'm waiting for Aloha Rag to get back to me, i'm SO tempted to call Balenciaga in NYC, but im sure my manager will ask, "who the heck has been calling NY?" hehehehe!

english_girl_900 said:
I think this thing about the leather is all relative. I don't think its that the leather on the more recent bags is actually bad, its just that its not as good as the older leather, which by all accounts is amazing.

Just my $0.02.:amuse:

i agree, my F/W 05 bag has great leather, it may not be as good as some people say the previous leather was, but i have no problem with it.

and i badly want that bag in your icon. is it yours? mind if i steal it?

amanda said:
i agree, my F/W 05 bag has great leather, it may not be as good as some people say the previous leather was, but i have no problem with it.

and i badly want that bag in your icon. is it yours? mind if i steal it?

:lol: No, its not mine. Its just a picture I got off ebay ages ago - I always save a few pictures of the bags I fall for, since I'll probably never own them all. I have a picture file on my computer that's bursting at the seems.

That being said, take it. The auction was over a year ago - I'm sure the seller could care less.

PS That size in teal almost was - I wanted one for my birthday, but when my mum heard the price she wouldn't buy it. I can't blame her - its a lot of money and we're not mega-rich - but I was so depressed all the rest of that day. She had to take me out to lunch to cheer me up!:lol: