It's really frustrating to buy a bag for $400 and few weeks later... $100

Just a Fan

Mar 2, 2011
I really want some other Coach bags, but I have read so many things here that made me frustrated and scared of buying another bags.

It's good to find bargains, I love bargains too but don't you agree that is frustrating to buy a bag for example $400 and then a few weeks later it's on sale on $200 and a 80% coupon and some other people get the same bag for almost free. (exagerating but can happen!)

I was thinking in buying during PCE, but discovered that department stores purchases are better, with their deletes plus % off and % off and more %off.

Now my mind is damaged in the sense that when I see a woman with a Coach I only think (when the case is that is not fake) "oh that ashley... was like $100 with the %30off and $ off"

"oh... that $598 sophia... whoa that must be some huge bargaiin at some department store for mmm like $190"

So... bottom line is, buying at department stores is the better deal nowdays...

Oh, and it happens with some other brands too. but Coach beats the record of frustration.

Yeah it sucks.. but I'm fond of the.. If you like it, buy it mantra. If it is something you like and will get good use out of, it is worth the money, IMO.

This is the main reason I decided to sell my Coach and transfer to LV. And make the commitment of getting a bag only at outlets. Honestly, the extra time I have to wait for it to go the outlet gives me time to really consider it instead of just buying. Most of the time I find something I like better. :biggrin:

I shop at the outlet ... I like bargains and will wait for the deal.. means more bags :biggrin: The only coach bag and wallet I ever paid full price for are my leather coach carly and my leather bleeker wallet... the wallet has been more then good to me so I didnt mind.

Now after buying a madison and within a few weeks have having it the leather is peeling inside where the c/c 's are... i'm annoyed! and it was purchased at more then half price off... still.. annoyed. Now I will never pay full price for a coach wallet.

If i'm paying full price for the bag I better be obsessed over it.. and I really dont see that happening... again i'll take my chance and wait for the outlet.

I wish I had an outlet. XD Some of us don't have that luxury, so it is either FP or department store.

I do try to buy only during PCE or sales. I've paid FP for a few fobs and a wallet, and only two bags.

Yeah, there is a chance it may go to the outlet, or land at a department store clearance counter, one day.
And if I am there on the right day/time/before someone else gets it, I can buy it, even though it's probably been handled by hundreds of people and shows dings and denting, and watch the rude SA shove it into a bag with no care at all.

Or, I can go to my nice, never cluttered boutique, be pampered by the staff, and buy it and use it all I want, with no waiting or worrying that that particular bag/color of bag/style that I must have will sell out.

I think it depends on how much you want/need it :graucho: If you want it now and don't want to take the chance of it's not being available later - you should purchase at full price.

Now my mind is damaged in the sense that when I see a woman with a Coach I only think (when the case is that is not fake) "oh that ashley... was like $100 with the %30off and $ off"

"oh... that $598 sophia... whoa that must be some huge bargaiin at some department store for mmm like $190"

So... bottom line is, buying at department stores is the better deal nowdays...

Oh, and it happens with some other brands too. but Coach beats the record of frustration.

I'm the gal carrying the outlet bargain and looking at your FP bag and thinking "she paid $400 for that and I'm carrying it for $167." ;))))

Actually, I really don't care what anybody pays for what they own. If it was worth it to me at the time I bought it, I don't like it any less when I find out somebody got a better deal.

It really doesn't bother me, its saying the same thing about clothes at a department store, you know a $600 winter coat will eventually go on sale. If you honestly have trouble with Coach bags going on discount, you ever considered buying LV?

It's a gamble. Sometimes I don't want to wait months for a bag to potentially go to an outlet, I'd rather use it that entire time and still get it for 25% off (I only buy with PCE)

Last $$ bag I bought was a purple MSB. They never really hit the sales rack/outlet in any great numbers and only a few here and there popped up on eBay. I'm focusing on older bags tho from 2nd hand markets. Now that's some savings :lol Sure, my XL bleecker is a little on the sad looking side.. but it was $54 :biggrin: I can barely get a wallet for $54 these days

I'm with fox0r on this one....I don't have an outlet either...yet. I try to buy during PCE or on sale at Dillards. Sometimes eBay. If it's something I think I'll die without, I'll pay FP but I hate it. I usually forget about how much I spent once I'm using and loving my bag :smile:

i buy coach from PCE, department stores, the outlets, and ebay/bonanzle. my view on things going to the outlet is, if you don't actually live NEAR an outlet then it's irrelevant if bags end up there or not if you aren't going to get the chance to buy it from there. i live 2 hours away and only go to the outlets a few times a year so i cannot consider that a source for my bags. kwim

i buy coach from PCE, department stores, the outlets, and ebay/bonanzle. my view on things going to the outlet is, if you don't actually live NEAR an outlet then it's irrelevant if bags end up there or not if you aren't going to get the chance to buy it from there. i live 2 hours away and only go to the outlets a few times a year so i cannot consider that a source for my bags. kwim

I wish I was two hours away. My nearest is about 6. The others that are close are 6-8.

It's frustrating but if I really love a bag then that means more to me than what I paid. But I have to really, really love it and not be able to live without it to pay full price. I don't have a problem paying PCE price and then the bag shows up at the outlet because the price difference isn't too much once I figure in how much I just spent in gas to get there. It's not too close but doable if I really need to go.

I have bought 2 used bags from ebay in the last month and I am super happy with them. The price was unbeatable and even though they are older bags, they are timeless to me.