It's Really Annoying!!!!

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
It is really annoying how some LV SA's dont know the name of products. I find they just give you all the wrong information because they are clueless to what you are looking or asking for. I really like how they ask you to describe the item smh, then all of a sudden the light bulb pops on and now they know the item you are asking about. Then go on to say I wasnt too sure about the name. I would think knowing the product would be a part of getting the job. Anyway just venting :smile:

I hear ya! A few times now I've sent all the SAs at my store into a tizzy and checking stockrooms when I've asked about a few things. They even all gathered around as I pulled each up on my phone, and excitedly asked ME the info! But they're all really sweet and we just all found it funny.

I have had experiences to the contrary though, so bad that they've almost turned me off from LV totally. I try not to remember those, though!

I know way more than the SAs at my store. When I take things in for repair they never know the names of them. Also I asked about the pomme key holder last week and they told me there were only 16 left in the nation and no more would be coming in...i went in a few days ago and guess whats in the display case yup a pomme key holder. I had already bought something else so I couldn't get it anymore. Some of the younger ones are really the worst though as far as product line. When I worked in a restraunt I was expected to have the entire menu memorized before they let me work. ...i would have gladly learned all those gorgeous bags instead lol :smile:

i find this happens to me in SO many situations not just LV! i take a lot of research to find out about items before i commit to purchasing , and unfortunately i dont think a lot of SA's are as passionate about really knowing the product. this has happened to me in MAC cosmetics, sephora , my local department store holt renfrew etc.

its super annoying, but just be flattered that you know so much more than SA's ;)

That's a bit harsh don't you think? We all do research because we want the best out of our purchases and it's a large amount of money, so you want to be sure and satisfy with your decisions. There is a lot of bags that LV comes out with. Towards the SA it is work for them (and work is still work for some people I.e. working to make ends meet), but I totally agree and understand where you come from I might be slightly annoyed too.

But yes I agree all LV SA should be educated on all aspects of the product

It's very poor. I think we tPFers are definitely a lot more LV-educated than the general LV-buying public - I mean, I'm quite sure there are lots of people who buy LV and have no idea what the bags are called - but for LV staff not to know the names of the products they're selling is a little ridiculous.

I remember when I went to buy my Neverfull a few years ago (first LV purchase and was so excited) I remember mentioning to the SA that the Damier Ebene NF was supposed to be coming out soon but I just couldn't wait until then to get my first LV. She looked at me like I was crazy and said no NF was coming out in that print. This was like the week before they were released in Hawaii. At first I felt dumb but low and behold a week later tpf reveals all started popping up. Then I just felt "in the know" :lol:

It's very poor. I think we tPFers are definitely a lot more LV-educated than the general LV-buying public - I mean, I'm quite sure there are lots of people who buy LV and have no idea what the bags are called - but for LV staff not to know the names of the products they're selling is a little ridiculous.

:goodpost:

I know way more than the SAs at my store. When I take things in for repair they never know the names of them. Also I asked about the pomme key holder last week and they told me there were only 16 left in the nation and no more would be coming in...i went in a few days ago and guess whats in the display case yup a pomme key holder. I had already bought something else so I couldn't get it anymore. Some of the younger ones are really the worst though as far as product line. When I worked in a restraunt I was expected to have the entire menu memorized before they let me work. ...i would have gladly learned all those gorgeous bags instead lol :smile:

In their defense, it is very easy to get mixed up with this particular item. The pomme key holder on the LV website is the dangly cherry charm. The name "pomme key holder" can be mistaken for the pomme vernis cles. This confusion happened to me. I got the correct item in the end.

i find this happens to me in SO many situations not just LV! i take a lot of research to find out about items before i commit to purchasing , and unfortunately i dont think a lot of SA's are as passionate about really knowing the product. this has happened to me in MAC cosmetics, sephora , my local department store holt renfrew etc.

its super annoying, but just be flattered that you know so much more than SA's ;)

I totally agree, I had the same thing happen to me twice last week! I went in to two different stores looking for a product by name and he SA's had no idea what I was talking about! I had to go home and order online to get what I wanted, I was so peeved

An SA in Coach told me that whenever a new line comes out they have a meeting outside of opening hours and go over all the details and 'test' the SAs' knowledge of the new products. I can't believe LV never thought of doing this!

In their defense, it is very easy to get mixed up with this particular item. The pomme key holder on the LV website is the dangly cherry charm. The name "pomme key holder" can be mistaken for the pomme vernis cles. This confusion happened to me. I got the correct item in the end.

No we were holding the item just ina different color. So he knew what i meant.

I have expectations from LV SA. Call me crazy.... If I go to a bank teller, I sure hope they have been trained at their job and know more than me on their banks and how things are ran. So why not a high luxury end brand? I'd expect more actually from LV.

I'll just go ahead and respectfully disagree. in their defense, there are hundreds of LV items to choose from. just because they don't know 1 specific Item doesn't mean they don't know their job. on top of that, maybe she was a new SA?
when I worked at lowes as a cashier, quite a few customers came to me and asked about merchandise that I had never even heard of. there are thousands of items in the store, I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect someone to know every single product in their store. there is always going to be at least 1 thing that you don't know about.