it's raining grails, alleluia, it's raining grails!

Aug 22, 2006
i've been in one of my tied-to-the-computer, working like a beast cycles again . . . and the universe has seen fit to reward me for my hard work.

one of my all-time favorite scarves is les races des chevaux de monde -- a 1956 ledoux that has not been reissued recently (if ever :shrugs:) . there are so many reasons that i love it, one of which is the center panel -- which became cheval turc. i got this one a few months ago from dmzw and never expected to get another, so i bought it even though it has a few flaws:

then about 10 days ago i won this one! like my first the panels are colored to give the effect of a hand tinted engraving, but the border is ice blue instead of black. it arrived last week and so far it seems perfect!

and about a week ago i won ANOTHER -- light pink border without the hand-tinting effect on the panel designs. it arrived friday and also seems perfect!

i am just the luckiest !!!
:wlae: :yahoo:

(gratuitous doggie pic -- jeter, a/k/a 'duck-boy'))

Wow, they are gorgeous, congratulations, do you think you have all the colourways now? This one is my absolute favourite:

it looks hand-tinted like you say, just beautiful

thanks, everyone -- hubby just smiles and shakes his head as i jump up and down when these finds arrive, but i knew YOU would understand! :heart:

allaboutnice, theres not a lot of information on this scarf -- but i've seen pix of two more colorways: white border with no tinting and light yellow (or cream?) border with tinted panels:
races.ltylw.detail2.06.JPG

CB, you weren't bidding were you? i didn't recognize any tPF buddies in the bidders lists. oh, and we need to talk about figures d'equitation. :graucho:

i should be too embarassed to admit this, but in the last couple weeks i also scored an original issue of cadre noir (1963 -- no copyright), and a nouveau manege -- no clue as to the issue date (it's not on any of my reference lists), but there's no copyright and other than needing a steaming it's as fresh as if it came from the store yesterday.

i can't believe my luck!! so whatchya lookin' for ladies? i'm on a roll! :P

DQ,

Those are beautiful!

I watched the light pink one from beginning to end and it was a very nice score!

I've got a grail of mine ending in a bit, keep your fingers crossed!!!