it's raining grails, alleluia, it's raining grails!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i've been in one of my tied-to-the-computer, working like a beast cycles again . . . and the universe has seen fit to reward me for my hard work.

one of my all-time favorite scarves is les races des chevaux de monde -- a 1956 ledoux that has not been reissued recently (if ever :shrugs:) . there are so many reasons that i love it, one of which is the center panel -- which became cheval turc. i got this one a few months ago from dmzw and never expected to get another, so i bought it even though it has a few flaws:
    [​IMG]

then about 10 days ago i won this one! like my first the panels are colored to give the effect of a hand tinted engraving, but the border is ice blue instead of black. it arrived last week and so far it seems perfect!
    [​IMG]

and about a week ago i won ANOTHER -- light pink border without the hand-tinting effect on the panel designs. it arrived friday and also seems perfect!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

i am just the luckiest !!!
    :wlae: :yahoo:

(gratuitous doggie pic -- jeter, a/k/a 'duck-boy'))
    [​IMG]

2. Wow, they are gorgeous, congratulations, do you think you have all the colourways now? This one is my absolute favourite:
    [​IMG]

it looks hand-tinted like you say, just beautiful

3. :heart::heart::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
    Congratulations, DQ!!! I am so glad you won...
    They are all beautiful!

4. Big, big congratulations to you.
    Your grail scarf is something else; so unique and pretty.
    Beautiful colorways DQ.

5. Wow, wow, wow! All three are magnificent! Good for you!

Awwww, Jeter looks so cute!

6. how beautiful, DQ! what a find!

7. Gorgeous DQ!!

8. Wow DQ, love all of them!!! :tup:

9. thanks, everyone -- hubby just smiles and shakes his head as i jump up and down when these finds arrive, but i knew YOU would understand! :heart:

allaboutnice, theres not a lot of information on this scarf -- but i've seen pix of two more colorways: white border with no tinting and light yellow (or cream?) border with tinted panels:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

CB, you weren't bidding were you? i didn't recognize any tPF buddies in the bidders lists. oh, and we need to talk about figures d'equitation. :graucho:

i should be too embarassed to admit this, but in the last couple weeks i also scored an original issue of cadre noir (1963 -- no copyright), and a nouveau manege -- no clue as to the issue date (it's not on any of my reference lists), but there's no copyright and other than needing a steaming it's as fresh as if it came from the store yesterday.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

i can't believe my luck!! so whatchya lookin' for ladies? i'm on a roll! :P

10. DQ that is fabulous! The scarf is so beautiful. Very real life design, which I love. Only Hermes does it this well. Congrats on your finds.

11. DQ,

Those are beautiful!

I watched the light pink one from beginning to end and it was a very nice score!

I've got a grail of mine ending in a bit, keep your fingers crossed!!!

12. Go DQ Go!
    There is universal H justice for hard working ladies ;)!

13. WhooHoo, DQ! The scarf goddess scores again!

Those are really gorgeous grails, too.

I'm totally in love with Jeter, btw.

14. Yeah! Congrats!!!

15. Wow, gorgeous, DQ! Good for you - congratulations!