It's official: YSL Sale Starts Wednesday, May 28

May 23, 2006
I got this card in the mail from YSL the other day...

My best advice to everyone is, if there is something in particular you are looking for, just start working the phones and calling the boutiques directly (unless you can visit one in person). They'll give you the most reliable information.

attachment.php

Attachments

• YSL1.JPG
    YSL1.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 872
^^^
me too !
Unfortunately, i'm not close to a boutique and i got the Y-mail black clutch already before the sale...:sad:

Does the sale apply to the YSL website too ??

Give my sales person from the Houston boutique a call. He'll be more than happy to e-mail pictures of any of the sale bags and answer any questions you may have. I recently pre-sold a red patent downtown, and a gorgeous crocodile quilted tribute bag in beige! :woohoo:

His name is Michael, and their number is: 713-840-7006

I wonder why the Chevy Chase store isn't included on that card.

The Chevy Chase location is odd. :shrugs: As many of you know, the YSL boutique there is inside a small independent department store called Saks Jandel (not affiliated with Saks Fifth Avenue). Its hard to figure whether its really a full-fledged YSL boutique, or what their business relationship is with the "mothership." Whenever I go in there, its very very quiet and the SAs don't seem particularly helpful or knowledgeable (even though I've bought three bags there in the past).

When I was there on Friday, they knew nothing about a presale or sale. But that doesn't necessarily mean they won't be included in the sale...

(Incidentally, NM at Chevy Chase has A LOT more YSL bags than they used to, if you are in that neighborhood! :tup:)

Oh man! I wish I did not see that.

I was in LA this past weekend, and I visited the NM in Beverly Hills because of the pre-sale. I didn't notice any YSL that I really wanted (and it's funny to see people's buying habits...they were definitely frenzied and made some of the bags on sale seem like they were worth nothing). I was seriously tempted to buy the Majorelle in patent (not sure if it was camel...it was a lighter tan color), but decided to be good.

Give my sales person from the Houston boutique a call. He'll be more than happy to e-mail pictures of any of the sale bags and answer any questions you may have. I recently pre-sold a red patent downtown, and a gorgeous crocodile quilted tribute bag in beige! :woohoo:

His name is Michael, and their number is: 713-840-7006
Thanks for the tip! Michael is soooo nice!! Im just waiting for his email... Im deciding between a muse and a downtown!:yahoo:.. Ill post photos here once I get them.

Here's more from Michael:

Med. Buffalo Tribute - $599
Lrg. Buffalo Tribute - $699
Med. Patent Tribute - $539
Quilted Crocodile Tribute - $959

Attachments

• DSC02264.JPG
    DSC02264.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC02263.JPG
    DSC02263.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC02261.JPG
    DSC02261.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC02262.JPG
    DSC02262.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 177
The Chevy Chase location is odd. :shrugs: As many of you know, the YSL boutique there is inside a small independent department store called Saks Jandel (not affiliated with Saks Fifth Avenue). Its hard to figure whether its really a full-fledged YSL boutique, or what their business relationship is with the "mothership." Whenever I go in there, its very very quiet and the SAs don't seem particularly helpful or knowledgeable (even though I've bought three bags there in the past).

When I was there on Friday, they knew nothing about a presale or sale. But that doesn't necessarily mean they won't be included in the sale...

(Incidentally, NM at Chevy Chase has A LOT more YSL bags than they used to, if you are in that neighborhood! :tup:)

Thanks for the info Cosmo. I still think that it's a little strange considering the fact that the Chevy Chase store is listed on their website, and 'Chevy Chase' is listed as a location in all of the print ads I've seen. And yes, I've seen all the new YSL at the NM, lots of good stuff!

Shyne1025, thanks for posting all the pics! Are you getting one of these bags? :graucho:

Chinsumo, I bet that even though Chevy Chase YSL isn't listed on the promo card, they will probably have sale bags (at least eventually, if not right away...)