It's offical! I am a Balenciaga owner!

loren said:
I'm 51 with 4 kids and they are teenagers and I have 3 balenciagas and I rock when I carry them. My kids and their friends think I have the greatest bags and they always want a tour of my handbags.

I'm so glad I checked this forum today and saw this (and other) posts from the over-40 set...My brand new black city bag arrived today and I was having second thoughts--feeling like at 45, I'm too old to "work" this bag. You all made me feel so much better! I think I just may do something I never do when I get a new bag...that is, load it up and take it out for a spin (without sleeping on it for a few days)...Will I chicken out? Stay tuned...

You made a great choice! I would love a cornflower City--I saw one when I was out shopping today, and it took everything in me not to buy it!!! (I just got a new bag on Monday, so I could not justify another one!) Still pining for it, though!

Oh--and most of the people I see with REAL Balenciagas are in their late twenties and older. (As am I!) I think they are for all ages.

So glad to hear from the others who are "over 40"! I now have a Bordeaux Medium and a Magenta Small and I am thrilled--even though I do still feel a little weird about the age thing. (Not weird enough to return the bags though...)

english_girl_900 said:
Slightly (okay, completely) OT, but how do you manage that? On the cities I've seen the shoulder strap barely looks big enough to fit on my shoulder - can you lengthen it? Or are you just waaaaaaaayyyy skinnier than me?;)
I was thinking the same thing!

I think these bags actually look better on women than they do on young to mid teenagers. The reason I say this is because they tend to look overly trendy on younger generation vice women (mid twenties to late fifties). As though they are trying to mimic a style vice create their own. Typically by mid-life, women have a better sense of style, individuality, so the bag is carried with much more individualistic style and comfort (let's face it, we grow more comfortable with our bodies as we get a little older). This doesn't mean that some 16-17 year olds do not have a great sense of individual style, some of them really do and much better than mine! I just mean that many of them do not!

So, I would completely carry it with pride and rock on if I were you! That being said, I think I may be a little weirded out if my 90+ year old grandmother started toting around a B-bag, but I am sure I would get over that too! :biggrin:

BalenciagaLove said:
I think I may be a little weirded out if my 90+ year old grandmother started toting around a B-bag, but I am sure I would get over that too! :biggrin:

That's funny! My 95 year old grandmother is still the most stylish person I know, but I couldn't even imagine her with a B-bag! I have a feeling she won't be too impressed with mine--she prefers "ladylike" bags...

yay! the market place was such a good idea! this is getting so repetetive but i think that a variety of people can look great with a b-bag. it's such a cool bag and enjoy it!

Mshashmount said:
congratzzzzz on your purchase..=)
pictures pleaseeee...

I took this picture about 5 minutes ago. I still can't believe I have this bag.

Someone please pinch me! :shame:

Attachments

• city.JPG
    city.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 92