It's not a flap, but is it still classic?

I had no idea that bag was in SATC.

It's pretty basic and non-offensive -- maybe even a little boring. But I am someone who loves the classic and jumbo flaps and GST pretty exclusively. I would have to pass on it myself. I think it depends on what you like. :smile:

I dont recall that being on SATC at all. I think it is a reference to Charlotte's pink caviar hobo bag that had the CC on the front just like this one has. Sellers love to mention "SATC" when it comes to fashion. Stylewise, Its not all that trendy so it could be rather classic.

Here's a pic of Charlotte wearing it in the movie. More info can be found in this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/satc-chanel-sightings-301917-2.html#post6561625

attachment.php

IMO yes it's classic:yes: For sure.
It's not in a trendy color, leather treatment, embellishments, etc. . .
it's in a classic color, Chanel's trademark quilting, etc . . .
To me, 95% of Chanel's could be considered classic, maybe not iconic like a Classic Flap, but classic.

^ I agree it's a classic too. I consider this purse Chanel's take on a doctor bag - similar to LV's Speedy. That style has been around FOREVER in so many incarnations so I would think this Chanel style done in the classic quilting would give you plenty of years of use :yes:

The SATC movie almost has too many accessories to take in - I always notice something new every time I see it. I wouldn't worry about the movie "dating" your purse. Plus, Charlotte's style is more classic/timeless & she is the one carrying the purse.

The style, definitely. IMHO, it's no different from, say the basis design of a GST/PST, boston or medallion etc.

However, the most important thing is not whether this bag is a classic or not but whether you love it and can see yourself still carrying this bag say in 3 years time?

"Classic" is just a clever marketing ploy.

its a definite classic if you like to carry bags on your arm. Personally I feel more comfortable with a sholder strap but its personal. The bag has everything a classic Chanel has...caviar leather, CC stitching and shape.