It's not a Christal, but I like it...

Jun 8, 2006
Ok, so I loved the look of the Chanel J15 and the Dior Christal. Only one small problem--I didn't like the price! So here is my watch... I can't get the diamonds to come out right. This is a Swiss Legend Karamica. Has the look for less.

karamica-1-1.jpg

congratulations - your new watch is gorgeous! i don't know anything about this brand but i think it's great to veer off the beaten path and find quality products that aren't overhyped and/or overpriced.

Thanks.
I get so many compliments on this watch. It is ceramic and has about 1 carat of diamonds. It has a Swiss movement and is water resistant to 330 feet. They also make one without diamonds. Ceramic watches are great, not because they Dior or Chanel, but because they are lightweight and will not scratch. At 600 USD, this was not cheap, but it is a more affordable alternative. I think they sell for 799 now. It is also available in an automatic version. In general, ceramic watches are not cheap and I have seen a different brand sans diamonds and with a Japanese movement for 350. This way you can have the look for less and still afford great bags or whatever!

Thanks for your kind remarks. Love this watch and just wanted to be able to share it with you.
This is a Swiss Legend. It is available through World of Watches, ShopNBC, some on ebay. World of Watches is owned by Swiss Watch International it's a web site where you can purchase watches at a discounted price. Yes, they Cartier, Tag, Movado, Michele, etc., but Swiss Legend is their brand. Their thing is to produce decent looking watches at affordable prices. They have free shipping, 5 year warranty and a return policy. They service all watches they sell. They are truly legit.

It really sparkles in the sun. This is a really big timepiece, but I think that is part of its charm. It's not a look for everyone. Actually, I might even like the plain better, but they were not available and this was a bday present in Ianuary. Really love the dial and the Roman numerals on it, the diamonds are not the main focus for me.

It looks gorgeous on you - definitely a statement! I think maybe the plain would be a better choice for me rather than the diamonds since I am a pretty casual girl, but WOW yours is lovely. Thanks soooo much for the modeling pics! Might have to start hinting at DH for a potential b-day pressie this summer... :graucho: