It's my birthday month and I need your help!

tinabug74

O.G.
Nov 30, 2013
I need your help. I'm in search of a purse to use on days that I wear dark denim (don't want to worry about color transfer). Also, one to use on rainy days. I currently only have two LV purses (all mono): Batignolles Vertical (tote), and Tivoli GM. It is my birthday month and I was hoping for an Empreinte Artsy. However, my husband has squashed that! I can't convince him that it's worth the price. I have considered the mono Artsy. I could cover the handle with a scarf on rainy days. Other purses I'm considering are Neverfull MM DE, Speedy B 30 DE and Westiminster GM. I'm unsure of the coated leather straps on the DE purses. I've read of others experiencing problems with them. If you have one of these, I would love to hear your opinion. I am bummed about the Empreinte Artsy but I appreciate my husband for looking out for our financial future. TIA

I can only speak for one - the Westminster GM. I absolutely love this handbag. It's large - but not too large. It holds a ton. It Zips! It has a lovely Red interior. The 2 straps are just the right length for me so it's one of the most comfortable handbags to carry IMO. (For reference I'm 5'5")

It's a relatively simple design so many of my charms & bandeaus look great on it.

This is my "go to" handbag. It's my #1 travel handbag. Great for carrying in bad weather or when it's raining cats & dogs. :biggrin:

HTH and good luck deciding!

I have a NF GM DE. I've seen the horror stories and I was shaking in my boots to buy it but I really love it and I wanted a big bag to wear in the rain and with dark jeans and this was it. It's been 3 months for me so I say go for it or if you're super hesitant, I haven't heard anything bad about the Totally MM DE, have you seen it?

Thanks Tulip2. I'll definitely try on the Westminster GM on my next visit. I'm 5'8" tall. I'm wondering what it would look like on me.

Thanks ChocoAvantGrande--The last time I was at LV I tried on the Totally MM DE. I liked it. Although, I thought of a diaper bag when I tried it on. It didn't call to me! As for the NF GM DE, didn't they discontinue that bag? I can't find it on the LV website.

I have the Westminster GM and agree with Tulip it is a wonderful bag, it is one of my favorite bags....its big enough to hold a lot but too big or bulky...I don't have any issues with the strap and use it the winter and rain...I definitely recommend this bag!!!!

I say speedy b 30 in DE! I have the 25 and I love it. Two ways to carry it plus the 30 is like a never ending bag! You can fit anything in there... very spacious. Oh and I don't have any problems with my straps either.

I love my DE Speedy B 30 perfect rain bag. Your right about the Artsy the only thing you really have to worry about it the handle to make sure its covered. Love my Artsy too.

How about the new Reggia! It's very similar to the Delightful. I've had mine for almost 3 weeks and it's very comfortable on the shoulder even when wearing tank tops. I carry quite a bit as the bag probably weighs 6-7 lbs. hopes that helps!

I just got the Neo Neverfull MM in DE yesterday, so I can't speak to what will happen over time, but from what I've read, there are fewer issues with the straps than there were in previous models of this bag. I can already tell I'll enjoy the fact that I won't have to worry about rain, snow, denim color transfer or anything else. I like not having to be so careful with a bag. And for me, the MM is plenty big. It holds a ton! I think this will be a great weekend trip/travel bag.

How about the new Reggia! It's very similar to the Delightful. I've had mine for almost 3 weeks and it's very comfortable on the shoulder even when wearing tank tops. I carry quite a bit as the bag probably weighs 6-7 lbs. hopes that helps!
I hadn't considered the Reggia. I'll check it out too. I hope one "speaks to me".