It's July 30th and I can't stop thinking about butter-soft long gloves!

ebruo

Her Royal Floopiness
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
Admittedly it's a shorter wait for us Londoners for cold weather, but still, we are bang in the middle of Summer and I'm already dreaming about long BV gloves from the Fall catalogue with my 3/4 sleeve coat and jackets. Anyone else?

You mean these? Yes, most definitely!
attachment.php

Attachments

• p12-13.JPG
    p12-13.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 203
Most definitely! I have my eye on the dark tweed cashmere. Most of my coats tend to be 3/4 sleeves, and I just picked up a short sleeve boiled wool Marni jacket from Barneys, so the long gloves will work great.

I know what you mean about it being a little too soon. It was quite warm trying on the jackets.

Wow, the Marni jacket sounds fab! I just realized I have 3 jackets (one Marni actually) and 2 coats with 3/4 sleeves! Maybe I need two pairs of gloves!

Kroquet, a trip to Europe this Winter may offer the perfect opportunity to justify a pair ;)

the jacket is pretty reasonably priced too. i think i'll take it with me to london at the end of september/early october.

off topic, but do people notice that designers have dropped their prices? for example, prada cotton shirts were $800-1000 last season and are $500-600 this season. no such price drop for bags, unfortunately.

ebruo: are you following The Ashes? i'm listening online right now.

Wow, the Marni jacket sounds fab! I just realized I have 3 jackets (one Marni actually) and 2 coats with 3/4 sleeves! Maybe I need two pairs of gloves!

Kroquet, a trip to Europe this Winter may offer the perfect opportunity to justify a pair ;)

Hi Apey_grapey, I'm afraid I don't follow cricket, but the boys in the office are obsessed. I am a tennis fanatic and an avid Nadal supporter. Can't wait for next week's ATP tournament in Montreal, when Rafa is due back on the courts!

I think the main reason for lower prices for you guys across the pond is the stronger Dollar this year.

We in Britain continue to suffer- last year's Capri holiday would have been 35% more expensive this year. Blow-up plastic pool in the garden it is then ;)

the jacket is pretty reasonably priced too. i think i'll take it with me to london at the end of september/early october.

off topic, but do people notice that designers have dropped their prices? for example, prada cotton shirts were $800-1000 last season and are $500-600 this season. no such price drop for bags, unfortunately.

ebruo: are you following The Ashes? i'm listening online right now.

Hi Apey_grapey, I'm afraid I don't follow cricket, but the boys in the office are obsessed. I am a tennis fanatic and an avid Nadal supporter. Can't wait for next week's ATP tournament in Montreal, when Rafa is due back on the courts!

I think the main reason for lower prices for you guys across the pond is the stronger Dollar this year.

We in Britain continue to suffer- last year's Capri holiday would have been 35% more expensive this year. Blow-up plastic pool in the garden it is then ;)

this summer has been fun when it comes to sports watching: french open, wimbledon, tour de france, and the ashes. maybe with nadal having the summer off recuperating, he'll be able to go deeper at the us open. i've seen him play twice. i saw his match against david ferrer in 2007. that was a brutal sad loss. nadal's knees were so bad, he couldn't push off on his serve, but he played on. the match didn't finish until 1am.

I was actually at Roland Garros for the Nadal-Soderling match and was in complete shock for the next 24 hours. Wimbledon wasn't the same without him, but I did manage to watch both Andy Roddick and Andy Murray during the earlier rounds. A friend of mine bought us semi-final tickets for the US open, so NY, here I come!

And today I did try the grey tweed gloves at BV. They are very stylish, but I'll wait a few weeks until all the colours arrive.

Bags4fun, which color did you want?

this summer has been fun when it comes to sports watching: french open, wimbledon, tour de france, and the ashes. maybe with nadal having the summer off recuperating, he'll be able to go deeper at the us open. i've seen him play twice. i saw his match against david ferrer in 2007. that was a brutal sad loss. nadal's knees were so bad, he couldn't push off on his serve, but he played on. the match didn't finish until 1am.