It's HERE...my HG...09A Metallic Grey Jumbo!!! :D *pics on page 4*

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
I've searched high and low for this bag ever since I saw a picture of it posted on tPF in December 2009. It was love at first sight, and I knew I needed this right away, but it was too late and the bag was sold out in stores already. I've tried eBay and trusted resellers, I missed a few opportunities when I was dead broke and kicked myself for missing out. I've considered settling for a M/L and there have been a few on eBay but I had my heart set on the jumbo.

There was, however, a jumbo listed on Bonanzle for quite a few months, and due to the higher-than-normal price, it was available for a long time. One day, I finally decided to get it. Even at the higher price, it was still under current Canadian retail, and I knew that if my SA had called me to tell me they randomly got one in store, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. So, while I paid higher than original retail for this, I still got it for under current Canadian retail...and I couldn't be happier :love:

I'm still uploading pics...let's start with how I managed to skip customs charges, shall we??

The seller wrapped the box in birthday wrapping paper...and it appears that she forgot to declare the item's value!!

5178979893_a2525a6dd9_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally...ta da!!! Here it is in all its glory...isn't she a beauty?! :love:

5178938415_6664334bb7_z.jpg

She's not perfect; there are some weird crease marks on the lambskin near the bottom of the flap. I've seen this in other PFers' bags so I assume it's just normal variation. It doesn't bug me though, this little flaw encourages me enjoy using the bag since it's no longer perfect :biggrin:

Under natural lighting...it is not this shiny IRL. This is the most metallic it'll ever be. I don't think "metallic" grey is a very good name for this colour...it should be "pearl" grey instead.

5179544272_c123547dc6_z.jpg

This pic really reminds me of a pearl, further supporting my point that the colour should be called pearl grey instead of metallic grey. Depending on the lighting, the lambskin reflects off different colours. Here, under the crystal chandelier at the front door, it reflects off some pink! :nuts:

5178942549_29f5dbe79a_z.jpg

Might I add that I absolutely love the gunmetal hardware with this leather??? It's so sleek!

And of course...customary modeling pics...I just came home from classes not too long ago, so I didn't bother dressing up for my pics :biggrin:

5178943725_afa0800787_z.jpg

5178945157_944e1e5460_z.jpg

5179550602_c70cb656cf_z.jpg

That's all...now I can go study and be satisfied...thanks for letting me share!!