It's here! (and especially for Cat!)

maplecottage

Sep 20, 2008
It arrived today, my pocketless Antony and I love it!!

I was really apprehensive about it after the SA made the leather sound a bit sad but I think it's a great sales tactic, if you aren't expecting a great product and it ends up being terrific, fantastic.

I absolutely love it. For the price it is totally worth snapping up. Also Cat just wanted to thank you for all your invaluable advice, I've pretty much followed all of it (except the oak bays which I would have bought if it had been in stock).

And thankfully you recommended I buy 2 cans of leather spray because my goodness I never expected Mulberry to be an bug that spreads so quickly, into a bigger bag collection :P

And a BIG THANKS to all the ladies who have given such great advice from useability and even down to colour picking, it does make the buying process more fun and lessens purchase errors too :tup:

You know I love her so much that I actually called the store to thank the lady for exceptional service, and to say how much I loved it, poor woman thought I was ringing to tell her off :wtf: and was pleasantly surprised to get thanked for her time, what a sweety :yes:

So here she is my pocketless Antony (even went out in these crazy winds to spray her).

bagsolo.jpg

memsgcopy.jpg

Oh I can't wait to take her for a test drive, she's out drying in the wind as we speak, do you think I'll be able to use her later this evening, got to do a station walk tonight to pick up my husband?

:heart: my Antony

Thank you all ladies for your invaluable advice :tup:

Thanks Jo, I can just see this being such a useful bag to have in the collection.

Jo, do they break in nicely? not sure how long you have had yours, I'm hoping to batter mine about a bit in the hope it looks a bit worn.

Thank you about the drying advice, great, I'll buffer it up around 6 tonight and get down to that station.

Thanks Livia, really appreciate the positive comments.

Just wanted to go O/T for a moment and ask you being local to DK, whether you know if jewellers sell Georg Jensen jewellery that is used?

I was given a pair of earrings last year that just aren't my style but didn't want to offend family by exchanging it, as the person in question is a sensitive wee soul so can't ask family over there either about this. Actually these technically aren't used, I've never worn them!

I could sell via ebay but I've noticed that the market isn't as big for Georg Jensen products in the UK as it is in DK. Do you know off the top of your head if people sell off their unused Georg Jensen products to local jewellers etc? Thanks.

Congratulations!

It looks really gorgeous on you. No wonder you love it.

Thanks Jo, I can just see this being such a useful bag to have in the collection.

Jo, do they break in nicely? not sure how long you have had yours, I'm hoping to batter mine about a bit in the hope it looks a bit worn.

Thank you about the drying advice, great, I'll buffer it up around 6 tonight and get down to that station.

Mine is choco darwin and the back where it rubs against my clothes has definatley gone a darker glossy brown. The strap and the leather both soften up with use. My strap was really stiff initially!

Thanks Livia, really appreciate the positive comments.

Just wanted to go O/T for a moment and ask you being local to DK, whether you know if jewellers sell Georg Jensen jewellery that is used?

I was given a pair of earrings last year that just aren't my style but didn't want to offend family by exchanging it, as the person in question is a sensitive wee soul so can't ask family over there either about this. Actually these technically aren't used, I've never worn them!

I could sell via ebay but I've noticed that the market isn't as big for Georg Jensen products in the UK as it is in DK. Do you know off the top of your head if people sell off their unused Georg Jensen products to local jewellers etc? Thanks.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any jewellers that sell used jewellery but I'm sure there are some. However, I would think you need to go to antique-stores or auction houses/sites like Bruun Rasmussen, Lauritz.com. And of course Trendsales which is like ebay but it is getting more difficult to sell things on Trendsales for a reasonable price. Generally though, I don't think you will have a problem selling Georg Jensen here in DK ;)

Maybe some of the other Danish ladies know of a jeweller.

Brilliant, thank you for those names, might just have to sneak these onto one of those sites when we are over for Christmas, ooohhh how exciting.

My biggest wish for Christmas is snow!! I so hope it snows in December in DK, that would be awesome!

Thanks for the names, really appreciate your help.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any jewellers that sell used jewellery but I'm sure there are some. However, I would think you need to go to antique-stores or auction houses/sites like Bruun Rasmussen, Lauritz.com. And of course Trendsales which is like ebay but it is getting more difficult to sell things on Trendsales for a reasonable price. Generally though, I don't think you will have a problem selling Georg Jensen here in DK ;)

Maybe some of the other Danish ladies know of a jeweller.