It's great to buy a fake Louis.... according to..

• Thread starter Deleted member 20806
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20806

the Tennis Channel! Murphy Jensen is a former pro and is the host on his show "Murphy's Guide to Shanghai" and he say's buying a knock off/replica is a must DO when you travel to Shanghai! He showed where to go to buy a great "Louis Vuitton" bag for only 55 bucks and of course I just sighed and shook my head. I love the Tennis Channel and his show but I wish he didn't promote the buying of fakes. Has anyone seen this? I know a lot of you are getting sick of reading about fakes but I just thought I would post!

Before, people who works with my mom, they always go to VN and buy fake purse. They'll bring them back to America to either sell it or give it as gifts. I thought that was okay. But ever since I started collecting LV, I have a different view toward fakes. It's either "buy the real thing when you can afford it or not to have it at all". especially selling fake, that's just :throwup:. I guess others have their own view than we are. And that's how fakes are continuing to be make. :cursing:

My aunt used to work as a marketing executive for Yum Brands (owner of Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut etc.) and often went to Hong Kong to arrange for the production of the kid's meal toys (I kid not) and sometimes brought back fake LV. At the time I didn't know any better and thought it was soo cool that you could get a $1000 bag for $60- my mom got a couple and my aunt had quite a few. But I can now proudly say that we are a fake-free family and that I am an avid authentic Vuitton lover :smile:

btw LVBastille where in Sacramento are you?

This is the second time I watched this particular episode and he's just SO happy about the great deal he got on his "Louis"! Oooh ValleyOppressed that sounds like an awesome job your Aunt had! Taco Bell should launch some LV kids meal toys, hmmmm well actually that would be a fake LV haha. I'll PM you where in Sac I am :yes:

I feel like purse_lover. Shortly before I started buying LV, I didn't care too much that people bought fakes. But, as soon as I held the Speedy 25 (like a new mom), I no longer understood how people could be so ignorant. When those POS bags start fraying and cracking and showing they're not even worth the paper money is printed on, I wonder how those buyers feel.

I must admit that I too carried fakes when I was younger. I grew up in a really small town in West Virginia where if you carried a "designer" purse it was one you got from JC Penney or Sears. The only designer I knew of was Gucci because that's what all the rappers wore on Yo! MTV Raps (wow I'm telling my age now, huh?). I really got into fashion/designers several years ago and am proud to say all my bags are 100% authentic! I have seen both poor and "super-replica" fakes up close and personal and must say there is nothing like the real deal. I can't believe someone would promote counterfeit items on national television....and no, I didn't know there was a Tennis Channel either! lol