It's contagious... I'm slowly drifting away from LV...

Awww Karman...no worries girl!!!!!! It's a good thing...it's nice to be excited about a bag...instead of just 'buying to buy'!!!
I actually got a bag last week (a Balenciaga) and audibly gasped when I opened the dustbag....I haven't done that in ages!!!
I'm actually going to be selling off the last bit of my LV (Keeping a couple accessories)!!

I'm not excited by LV either at the minute I thought tha same thing (maybe it is catching) but I had a look at other designers and to be honest they left me even less impressed, I just don't get the MJ & Bal hype but Gucci do have some nice bags coming and I've always liked the Fendi spy and B Bags so maybe I'll diversify too who knows but I do love my LV's so I won't be selling.

At the same time if nothing new grabs me that allows me time to catch up on discontinued bags, shoes & clothes LOL I guess I'll be OK after all

I can totally relate, i have drifted away from LV for the past few months and sold everything except my T&B pochette and damier speedy. I brought a cornflower city and then all i could think about was Balenciaga.
Now after a few months away from LV i am seeing a few things i kinda like...

I have decided that variety is the best way to go, I now have my Bal, fendi spy and Lvs and i also want to branch out to Chanel. You will come back and see things you love at LV but there is nothing wrong in branching out to different designers! xx

I'm always looking at other brands too-mainly Balenciaga. But I don't have many bags at all so that's why I'm mainly obsessing about LV right now!! Good luck Karman....keep in touch!!! :smile:

dont feel bad. like they said variety is the spice of life and i dont own just lv's. I too need to add a chanel to my collection and have been eyeing the GST (in silver hw). I still have a couple i'd like to add but in no rush to get them...good luck with ur choice :smile:

I think it is great to have a variety of different bags and I must admit I am top heavy in LV and I am looking at other brands. Just have to save up some money.

No need to worry - i for one could never understand how some people can stay faithful to one label for most of their life (no, not even Hermès!) ... there are far too many gorgeous bags around to be discovered, and they all fill different needs. i was never just an LV lover. I still like their bags, but I don't have to get each new style each season. I carry Chloe, Fendi and Prada as well, and I dont feel guilty at all!

;)

I think it is only natural to branch out to other bags. I only have 4 LV bags and was POSITIVE that I wanted to get a MC Priscilla or Alma in Vegas.
A few weeks ago, I was browsing on the Chanel forum and saw the Camellia wallets; they really took my breath away. Of course, that led to a longing for a PST or GST and now I am torn.

Oh, you will definitely have FUN in Chanel!

I think it's good to mix it up. Your purses should take your breath away, and if LV isn't doing that right now, then look elsewhere or take a break altogether. But there are plenty of other lovelies in the sea. Enjoy looking, and buying if something strikes your eye and don't feel that you're tied to one designer for life.

Life's too short not to run out and experience it.

Karman I totally get what you feel. I get more and more curious of (an)other brands too, however on inspecting those bags they always fall short. I think we always evolve in tastes and style, like before I never bought any leather stuff, but now I'm not really interested in the toile lines anymore.

I guess what's kept me in LV for so long is the variety and the fact that when I go tired of it and find something else I always end up finding it sub-par in quality, the materials are dull or the design doesen't fit me. For these reasons I believe you will be back in some way or another some day. ;)

I haven't read all the replies, but my guess is your love affair isn't completely over.
I think a lot of us grow bored w/ one designer when we are sort of obsessed w/ it. We get burnt out and look around. . . most of us will still go back but not as hardcore as before.

I found Chanel about a month after I bought my LV BH and I was smitten. I thought, in my head, I'd never buy another LV.
I've felt like this for about a year now adn I'm just starting to come back around, being willing to even look at LV again because my love of Chanel is/has been so strong.
Chanel will always be the top of my list, but their prices are double or triple LV's in most cases and sometimes I don't want to shell out a couple of grand when I want a new piece.
I recently bought the Bags & Trunks thingy that goes inside the purse and I love it, I may look at agendas soon as well, maybe a carryall too :biggrin:

My point is you may feel it's over now, but it's likely the pendulum will swing back to LV sooner or later ;)