It's all about RM's LEATHAH...

Jenny Cadine

Semi-banned
Sep 24, 2007
As Stella from Project Runway would say. Despite the problems with quality control and customer service, what keeps me loyal to RM is the fabulous quality of the leather-- more like a $1000+ bag than a 500-700 mid-price bag. Amirite, Minkettes?

No complaints from this Minkette. . . The leather is like BUTTAH! Plus the new bag smell lasts soooo long!! I just wish I had more money to buy all the ones I want. . .

I am thinking about this because I was at Saks today doing my bag stalking and it occurred to me that RM's leather is just heavier, thicker and more luxe-feeling than the other mid-priced brands. It's comparable to Chloe or Balenciaga leather. I recently bought a bag from another mid-price, very popular designer and while the hardware and workmanship are flawless the leather just isn't quite up there with Rebecca's.

i agree! the leather and colors are all amaaaaaazing....not to mention they go SO well with the styles, which are very me. i literally can't stop petting them or staring at them whenever i carry one, which currently is every single day!

I think in addition to the many color choices RM offers, is the awesome design. Alot of us question why we need the Nikki or the MAM in 5 different colors, but I finally realized that the RM Nikki and MAM is equivalent to finding the perfect pair of jeans or v-neck shirt. You just can't have one, you gotta have more because they're the perfect wardrobe essential!

Totally agree!! I carry a Minkoff EVERY SINGLE DAY.... And Love it!! Like rainyjewels said, I can't help but admire my own bag...LOL

Well said, xlana.

I think in addition to the many color choices RM offers, is the awesome design. Alot of us question why we need the Nikki or the MAM in 5 different colors, but I finally realized that the RM Nikki and MAM is equivalent to finding the perfect pair of jeans or v-neck shirt. You just can't have one, you gotta have more because they're the perfect wardrobe essential!

You hit the nail on the head!

It's so weird because before RM I never loved a bag/brand so much that I would want the same bag in a different color! I would just buy one bag, and then I would be super happy with it. KWIM? Were you girls like me before you got into RM bags as well?