It's a sad sad day...HG has to go back! Camel Patent Sabrina

addictofcoach

My new shimmery girl
Jan 25, 2009
I just discovered the patent leather is wearing/rubbing off!! WTH? It's only a couple of months old and I don't even use it everyday!!! I would think a $700 + bag would last a bit longer. Anyhoo..just wanted to shed a tear in the company of those who can relate to my sadness:cry:

Coach told me to bring it in...I am afraid to get another one because it will probably do the same thing..don't you think?

The patent leather is wearing off!? I've never heard of this... can you post pictures? That is so bizarre! Sorry to hear that though :sad: Hopefully it's just a defect in that one bag.

I just discovered the patent leather is wearing/rubbing off!! WTH? It's only a couple of months old and I don't even use it everyday!!! I would think a $700 + bag would last a bit longer. Anyhoo..just wanted to shed a tear in the company of those who can relate to my sadness:cry:

Coach told me to bring it in...I am afraid to get another one because it will probably do the same thing..don't you think?

IMO, it would be worth trading for a new patent leather Sabrina. I've had a fawn patent leather Zoe for a while and it's the only bag I've been using since the day I got it. I throw it around, I'm very hard on my bags and it still looks new, no scrathces, no places rubbing off. I think you got a lemon!

I just discovered the patent leather is wearing/rubbing off!! WTH? It's only a couple of months old and I don't even use it everyday!!! I would think a $700 + bag would last a bit longer.

What!?! Really?!? And I just decided I'm going to buy this bag tomorrow to become my everyday bag!

Aww...:crybaby:*sigh*

I'm so sorry - my heart goes out to you!

so sorry to hear this, but if you are uncomfortable of this, i would say get a non patent bag from Coach. patent leather is leather, but it is coated with plastic(most use a plastic-esque material) it will eventually crack, rub off, peel, etc- especially if it isn't conditioned/ taken care of properly(not saying you didnt). ive found that LV patent leather(vernis) is amazing because it seems that their coating is extremely thick compared to other brands & designers. the corners on my patent versace tote began to show some signs of chipping before it got stolen.