It's a question of hardware . . .

I suppose the stamp would differ, have to go and check. Sorry to confuse you with Ms Birkin.

A gentle bump to see what the result was. I am hoping that the result will be paler, as I generally carry the bag belted with the flap tucked so would be on display. So with the turnlock, the straps and the backplate, plus the stamp that's lot of gold on display for a phw fan.

The palladium, despite being polished is recessive as a colour and will reflect what's around it, while the dominant gold can do just that, dominate (beautifully of course, just not for me!).

Also question to anyone who owns older permabrass, how does hold up over time, e.g. tarnishing, colour changes etc. It would be lovely to round out my collection with one warmer tone bag with warmer tone hardware - but currently see gold as a step too far. TIA

A gentle bump to see what the result was. I am hoping that the result will be paler, as I generally carry the bag belted with the flap tucked so would be on display. So with the turnlock, the straps and the backplate, plus the stamp that's lot of gold on display for a phw fan.

The palladium, despite being polished is recessive as a colour and will reflect what's around it, while the dominant gold can do just that, dominate (beautifully of course, just not for me!).

Also question to anyone who owns older permabrass, how does hold up over time, e.g. tarnishing, colour changes etc. It would be lovely to round out my collection with one warmer tone bag with warmer tone hardware - but currently see gold as a step too far. TIA

Are you referring to the colour of the heat stamp? It looks like gold in both bags. I also have a 'first issue' Raisin bag with the 'older' Permabrass. It looks as good as new. No tarnishing.

Thanks so much for posting your comparison shot - lovely medor, is that argile too? It's clearer now why H chose the cooler gold to accompany argile. It was interesting seeing it sitting what I guess to be parchemin with gold - the leather appears more yellow than I'd imagined so richer gold is a logical hardware choice. (The croc CDC is pretty appealing too!)

hi roo i should have specified it, but yes the medor is argile in chamonix... to the left is maiz matte gator PHW CDC and to the right is natural sable swift GHW CDC, actually not parchemin... i think parchemin is less "yellow" than natural sable... hope this helps!

hi roo i should have specified it, but yes the medor is argile in chamonix... to the left is maiz matte gator PHW CDC and to the right is natural sable swift GHW CDC, actually not parchemin... i think parchemin is less "yellow" than natural sable... hope this helps!

Thanks Carlinha - it's a lovely collection of neutral shades. Guess it's easier to stick with the familiar so looking like phw for me!

Pg28 - good luck with finding your twillies.