IT'S A BOY THING! Help me make up my mind

Jun 9, 2010
Hello y'all,

I'm about to go mad!
Thing is I really like the boy flap but I’m not a lambskin fan..

One of my friends just sold her black boy in caviar leather with ruthenium hw.. MY HOLY GRAIL when it comes to boy bags.. Obviously she decided to part with her bag without mentioning it (what a friend.. but that’s another story)

Btw she has the same bag with gold hardware which she offered to me at a very fair price..
Now… I just can't decide whether I should get it or now..

My dilemma concerns the fact that it feels like I have to settle for something I’m not in love with.. so I’ve been thinking about getting the new medium with ruthenium hw in lambskin leather or at least give it a boy.. However, on the other hand, I’ve been considering the fact that I have a maxi jumbo in silver hw so it would make sense to get the boy with gold hw..
Could you please advise and try to help me??
Is the boy with gold too “bling bling”? Would you wait for the ruthenium one??
I know that at the end of the day the boy bag is beautiful in every single color/hw!

It's all down to personal taste. I love the look of GHW on Boys, but when I got one, it was so yellow gold that it didn't match anything in my wardrobe. That drove me so nuts that I sold it again, and got a RHW jumbo instead that works with everything. I've now decided to indeed scout for the right Boy with RHW/SHW. So I guess see if it will go with enough before you decide.

Hello y'all,

I'm about to go mad!

One of my friends just sold her black boy in caviar leather with ruthenium hw.. MY HOLY GRAIL when it comes to boy bags.. Obviously she decided to part with her bag without mentioning it (what a friend.. but that’s another story)

Btw she has the same bag with gold hardware which she offered to me at a very fair price..

My dilemma concerns the fact that it feels like I have to settle for something I’m not in love with.. so I’ve been thinking about getting the new medium with ruthenium hw in lambskin leather or at least give it a boy.. However, on the other hand, I’ve been considering the fact that I have a maxi jumbo in silver hw so it would make sense to get the boy with gold hw..
I know that at the end of the day the boy bag is beautiful in every single color/hw!
I love the RHW hardware. I have a lamb black boy bag new medium size AND. I own a black single flap jumbo with RHW. Gold hardware is a bit bright for me. I prefer a little more under the radar. I love both of the bags and they are different. Boy bag is more modern and edgy. jumbo is timeless.

My next Chanel purchase (and my first Boy) will be black with RHW! And definitely go with or wait for what you want!
I have a black jumbo with GHW so a black with RHW/SHW would have been my next one anyway... But even if I didn't already have black with GHW, the Boy with RHW still would have been at the top of my list!

I usually prefer GHW with my classic flaps but for some reason, I'm just not a fan of the GHW with the Boy bags. I don't why, something there just doesn't appeal :shrugs:

I would go for the RHW if you're not too concerned about leather.

Hello y'all,

I'm about to go mad!

I say go with what you love... RHW is GORGEOUS on the BOY BAG, However the Gold stands out more. It depends on your personal style and what you wear more?? Another way you can make a decision is to go by the color jewelry you wear the most and love... FOR ME ITS WHITE GOLD AND SILVER... IT REMINDS BE OF DIAMONDS.....:loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes: