Louis Vuitton Price Increase Master Thread

It's weird how some of their items don't increase in price. I would understand if they didn't increase the prices on entire groups of items, e.g. shoes or scarves, but not the excluding of certain bags or SLGs. Strange!

LV makes a big deal of calling a price adjustment and snappy SAs get very upset by the term price increase. They kind of cooled it over the years. The contend that the prices reflect some inane formula - production, global exchange rates, etc. Sometimes, items go down. Once the bandeaus went down by $5 and then splash boots were $425 in 2012 and dropped to $400 when I bought them early last year. Now they are $430 which was the adjusted price - so they stayed the same for this and the fall increase.

LV makes a big deal of calling a price adjustment and snappy SAs get very upset by the term price increase. They kind of cooled it over the years. Sometimes, items go down. Once the bandeaus went down by $5 and then splash boots were $425 in 2012 and dropped to $400 when I bought them early last year. Now they are $430 which was the adjusted price - so they stayed the same for this and the fall increase.

Wow excellent info! I had no idea items can possibly (though rare) decrease in price!

LV makes a big deal of calling a price adjustment and snappy SAs get very upset by the term price increase. They kind of cooled it over the years. The contend that the prices reflect some inane formula - production, global exchange rates, etc. Sometimes, items go down. Once the bandeaus went down by $5 and then splash boots were $425 in 2012 and dropped to $400 when I bought them early last year. Now they are $430 which was the adjusted price - so they stayed the same for this and the fall increase.

Interesting! I had forgotten that some people mentioned prices decreasing. I don't suppose we should complain about LV's increases, really - there are other fashion houses whose increases are positively astronomical!

I was told by my SA that everything would go up with the exception of shoes.

I've noticed that some of the prices have not been changed on the product page; however, if you add the item to the cart and check out, there is a new price.

I was told by my SA that everything would go up with the exception of shoes.

I've noticed that some of the prices have not been changed on the product page; however, if you add the item to the cart and check out, there is a new price.

Shoes depreciate in value quickly. Rarely do you see sellers trying to sell stinky smelly used shoes. LV will not increase the price to stay competitive with other designer brands and to keep inventory steady.

No, I believed it went up. I bought mine during the winter for $390, it is now listed for $415.

That's strange! I was going to purchase this scarf in the Ruby color before Valentines Day online and the price said $415. I would've purchased it locally (Hawaii prices are much cheaper), but they were sold out. I wonder why there's a difference before the increase???

That's strange! I was going to purchase this scarf in the Ruby color before Valentines Day online and the price said $415. I would've purchased it locally (Hawaii prices are much cheaper), but they were sold out. I wonder why there's a difference before the increase???

That's weird!

I did check the scarf out online before the increase and it for sure said $390. I only checked today because another member said it didn't increase, but there is definitely a new price. Perhaps the system screwed up that day? I know I was rang up for the new price over the weekend and had to call LV for a price adjustment but it seems like I was the only one who had that problem.

That is unfortunate that they didn't have stock. Next time, you should just purchase the scarf in a different color and exchange it for the color that you want when you get back! They do a full exchange if it's for the exact same style/model.

That's weird!

I did check the scarf out online before the increase and it for sure said $390. I only checked today because another member said it didn't increase, but there is definitely a new price. Perhaps the system screwed up that day? I know I was rang up for the new price over the weekend and had to call LV for a price adjustment but it seems like I was the only one who had that problem.

That is unfortunate that they didn't have stock. Next time, you should just purchase the scarf in a different color and exchange it for the color that you want when you get back! They do a full exchange if it's for the exact same style/model.

I should've done that at the time, but didn't think about it. I just bought something else that was on my wishlist. If it happens again, I'll be sure to do that:smile: