item sold, but paypal put a hold on the $$$

I just started using the print postage label feature on Paypal and I love it. I mean you have to pay anyway to ship it. They include delivery confirmation and give you a tracking # when you do it thru them. No charge. If you want to purchase insurance, they give you that option. When you print the label, you can choose not to print the cost on the label also. It's very slick. Then you print out the label, cut off the extraneous stuff -- which there will be your receipt and tracking # on half of the printout. They subtract the $ from your account and you tape the label on the pkg. You can call for a pick up from your P.O. or dropit off.
I like it.

i had this happen to me on one of my small accounts. all you have to do is put in the tracking info for PayPal (add tracking info link). then 3 days after when the item has a confirmed delivery (according to your courier of choice) PPal will release the money. You don't always have to wait for the 21 days or for the buyer to leave you feedback (in this case must been positive feedback). Once I called PPal customer service on the 2nd day after it showed delivered and the rep credited my account since I was always in good standing, but they say it usually is always done 3 days after confirmed delivery. I usually don't want to hunt/push the buyer to leave feedback. these days i feel no feedback might actually be better than pushing and getting a neg. So just enter the tracking number for that item in PPal then wait for delivery. GOOD LUCK!! it's not too bad but it's a hassel when you have a low feedback account and rarely sell.

where do i enter the tracking at? i don't see anything :confused1:

Coincidentally I just got one of these emails too, how annoying. I updated the tracking info on the eBay transaction site as well as in the PayPal site. Log into PP and you'll see your list of recent activity. Click on "details" for the transaction and you will see the same message on your screen as in the email you received. Look for the link that says "upload tracking information" and you can enter it there.

I hope we both get our funds soon!

paypal will also deny releasing the funds if the buyer DOES NOT leave feedback specifically about the item.
EX.
if the buyer says " great seller, thanks"

paypal wont release the funds for a full 3 days AFTER item showes delivered.

if buyer writes:
EX.
"excellent jacket, love it..thanks"

paypal will release the funds before the full 3 days.

what fkn bastards, I HATE THESE PEOPLE. I have 3 last items Im selling and then I AM DONE with fckbay and payfoe.

PS. has paypal relocated there customer support to India???

I guess they are trying to avoid when some sellers sell an item, recieve the money and don't ship out the item, then scamming the buyer.

from a buyer's perspective, i kind of like this new paypal policy. although i can understand a seller's frustration with having the funds held up.

i wonder if this is what's happening regarding an auction i won over 2 weeks ago. i still haven't received the bag i paid over $300 for. but the seller hasn't responded to my emails asking about it. so i had to open a dispute through paypal, cause i don't know what's going on with my bag!? i hope the money i sent is being held, that way i can get my refund!

I just sold a bag on ebay and paypal sent me the exact same email. It looks like a scam so I called paypal to make sure its legit...and apparently it is. I am very uncomfortable sending my bag out without having the money first. What if the buyer says the bag is fake or something? Are they going to give them their money back without me getting my bag back first? I don't think I'm going to use paypal anymore. I really want to back out of the whole transaction now.

On top of paypal holding the money, my buyer has a confirmed address in KY but wants me to ship the bag to her mother in the Philippines! I told her that, as stated in my listing, I will only ship to your confirmed paypal address. I'm now waiting for her response. :cursing:

^^ I know not to ship to any address that isn't her confirmed paypal address. If she responds saying that it is ok to ship to her confirmed KY address, should I trust her?

I would almost bet that she won't say it's okay to ship to KY. That's how they all start out, one address is in the States and then they ask u to ship to the Philippines. The address in the States is probably for the hijacked account. Maybe I am being too paranoid, but too much of this junk is happening.

This is all madness as i far as i see it, money being held until buyer happy. Its making pay pal seem less reliable it seems to me. I know buyers, should have protection, but they are putting so many retrictions on sellers now, that its making it almost impossible to trade. I hope this other site gets on its feet soon,BONAZALE is it?? and then extends to the uk, i will leave in a heartbeat. alfie x good luck everyone with your problems, i'm not having any, as i cant sell!!!! on a 30 day restiction bugger x

geez, i hate this police even though i have always been a buyer!

i bought sth on ebay, the seller says she will ship the item, but on the condition that i leave a positive feedback immediately after i receive the tracking info...and the money will be released to the seller within 24 hours after i leave the positive feedback.

so now, under this new policy, the seller gets the money, positive feedback before actually going to the post office. and paypal claims that this is for the protection of buyer???

Don't leave the seller feedback until you see the item. That way, she won't get the money until you make sure the item is as described.

I feel her worry. I am afraid to ship my bag and then not see my money. I hate these new policies.