Item sold and the address to ship is po box is it ok ?

Apr 4, 2009
My shoes were sold to someone who have a paypal address as an po box address .She purchased the item as a BIN. Even though on my listing I said it going to be shipped with signature and insurance ? What should I do now ? Can anyone still sign the package if it po box ?

I actually think this might be safer. On occasion, the item is delivered without getting the signature. I figure when they have to go to the counter to get their package, you are more likely to get the signature.

chinableu said:
As long as it's a confirmed address.

The post office leaves a note on the box and they have to sign for the parcel.

Thank u . I went to ups near my house today n they said they don't ship to po box address . So I guess I have to go to USPS again tomorrow .

As long as you ship with delivery confirmation (if item is under $250) or with signature confirmation (if the item is more then $250) to the address that is listed in the buyer's paypal payment transaction, you are fine. Confirmed address has not been required for Seller protection for a few years now. It just has to be the address in paypal account (confirmed or not).

Yes, PO Box deliveries can have insurance and signature. There is nothing sketchy per se about a PO Box. It is still the way many people get their mail-- when they live in a small town, for example.

It's correct that only USPS delivers to a PO Box for sure, except that UPS also has a service in which it hands off the last leg of delivery to the USPS, so it does in fact deliver to PO Boxes sometimes.