Item received with postage due

denim53

O.G.
Apr 5, 2008
I recently bought a nightgown from a new seller, which arrived with postage due $2.84. She had charged me $3.40 for shipping. Although I didn't have to pay much more, I did want the seller to know and sent her 2 messages in one week requesting a refund. The seller didn't respond to either of my messages. I don't intend to leave her any feedback because I don't want to be petty, but I would like her to know that this is not good customer service and could impact her future as a seller on Ebay. What would you do--send the seller yet another message, leave less than positive feedback, or just forget it? Thanks!

Thats pretty annoying, sorry that happened new sellers may have a hard time navigating through the shipping label and options on eBay. So I would say as long as the item was as described and theres no issue with the product itself I would leave positive feedback but I would also refer to shipping miscalculation so that buyer can not make mistake again. she'll most likely respond to your email when she sees your feedback comments,but really no need in leaving negative or no feedback sounds like a learning curve on the buyers end and hopefully shouldnt happen again. Good Luck!

She should be thanking you for helping her to be a better seller! The next buyer might neg her without contact and just assume the seller was trying to get away with something.

Sorry, but if a seller ceases communication when THEY have made a mistake, I leave a negative. And IMO, this seller earned one - I can understand the mistake of under calculating postage - but I offer no forgiveness for failure to respond.

I would leave negative as well. Communication is part of the transaction and if the seller doesn't want to communicate at all about any issue, that sours my buying experience. Plus if you've factored the shipping costs to determine the highest amount you are willing to bid, you may not want to pay additional costs.

I sent the seller one final message yesterday--and told her it was the last time she'd hear from me. I wrote that although I was asking for the refund of a small amount, it was important that she communicate and refund the amount that she owed me. I also wrote that unless she improved her customer relations I didn't think she'd last long on Ebay. Today I left her a neutral because I reserve negatives for blatant deception.

I sent the seller one final message yesterday--and told her it was the last time she'd hear from me. I wrote that although I was asking for the refund of a small amount, it was important that she communicate and refund the amount that she owed me. I also wrote that unless she improved her customer relations I didn't think she'd last long on Ebay. Today I left her a neutral because I reserve negatives for blatant deception.
I think that was a good choice, in the end the item was as described which a good thing considering, but at least with neutral feedback she can use this as a lesson for future sales.

Communication is so important.

In this case, your seller fell short & she should have had common
courtesy to respond as a result of not responding, she got the appropriate
feedback, IMO..

I finally heard back from the seller. She wrote that she had been out of town on business and hadn't been able to read any of my Ebay messages until now. (Really? Wouldn't they have shown up in her regular email messages)? She apologized (sort of), refunded me, but made a point of writing that she was not obligated to refund me until she had "proof" of my purchase. I responded by thanking her (sort of), and pointing out to her that she had received "proof" of my purchase before she shipped the item.