Item received differs from the one i bidded.

Yes, from the start of the communication, the seller has never once admitted is his fault nor apologise for sending the wrong item. I was very mad because when i first emailed him on how to resolve the problem, he replied tat we should just forget it and save all emails. This really boils me and thus i told him it's very irresponsible of him to do that and i say hope we can settle ourselves before i raise a dispute. It was till then he start suggesting i keep the wrong one and pay for it while he proceed to send me the right one.

By the way, just to check. If we have reach an agreement that he send me the right one and i send him back the wrong one with him bearing the postage, will he back out on his word and not send me at all? I understand from ebay's help that dispute have to be raised within 10 to 60 days.
Will it be a disadvantge for me not to file a dispute first and if it past 60 days while i wait for his item to arrive, i will not be able to raise any dispute already.

Pardon me for the long post. :s

The seller is really getting on my nerves. We've now come to an agreement that he send me the right one, while i send him back the wrong one with him paying the postage. But guess what, he now said he'll pay me after he receive the item!! I m getting so pissed!!

I hear you, but a big part of Ebay is TRUST and that is what is missing in this transaction. I too would be leary of this seller, but you will have to extend some trust here if you want any chance of resolving it.

I did this as a seller once. I sent out 2 pairs of shoes and switched the addresses. I contacted both buyers and explained the situation and covered return shipping. Why would your seller expect you to pay to ship the wrong item back to him? If it is his mistake (and they do happen) he needs to cover the shipping at the very least.

i don't understand why the seller wont cover the shipping charge, this isn't your fault at all. mistakes happen, but people also need to take responsibility when they're at fault. i would demand that the seller pay, otherwise i think you need to bust out your big guns. :boxing:

The seller is really getting on my nerves. We've now come to an agreement that he send me the right one, while i send him back the wrong one with him paying the postage. But guess what, he now said he'll pay me after he receive the item!! I m getting so pissed!!

ugh, this guy sounds like a pain in the butt! this method wouldn't fly with me, especially considering his bad attitude.

Yeah exactly. I think if he continues this way, i'll just go ahead to raise a dispute. I was trying to be nice and settle everything without raising dispute, but it seems that the seller is taking advantage of it.

This has happened to me twice on eBay. One seller sent me a prepaid label to return the item. The other sent me the right item immediately after she realized she made a mistake, and told me to keep the wrong one for free (it wasn't very expensive).

I wouldn't count on him sending the right item to you. I'll ask for a full refund, send the wrong item back, and forget about the whole thing. No need to torture yourself more. Make sure you ship the wrong item back using a service that can supply proof of shipment or a tracking number.

I have to warn you - even if you win a SNAD claim on PayPal (it’s a long & painful process), you are still responsible for the shipping costs associated with returning the item. PayPal won't make the seller reimburse you the return shipping.

aah, thanks! but wht's going to happen to the seller? Will he get a bad record or something from ebay? I hope he does so that others will be wary.

No, they won't get a strike, and they can still neg you even if you win the claim. The worst thing that will happen to them is their fund will be frozen (= your purchase price + shipping) until the claim is closed. PayPal keeps you in the dark throughout the whole process with little communication so most of the buyers will decide not to go through it. If you win it, you'll get a full refund minus the return shipping and also the bragging rights, but that's pretty much it.