Buying a display model?

if i could avoid purchasing a display item i would... an exception would be my damier nolita purchase in neiman marcus at union square.. it was their last piece and considering that it was going to be a discontinued design, i bought it.. :smile:

Wait for the brand new pair of sunglasses - people aren't careful when trying on things in the store, they touch the lenses, perhaps drop them too.

Get a brand new pair.

I try to avoid buying things off display only because they've been handled by others. If it was something I really wanted, I'd be sure to go over it very carefully. With sunglasses, I'd personally wait for a brand new pair. If you do buy the display, you'd want to make sure there are no fine scratches because being a display, they would be wiped down probably many times a day.

I believe my Suhali Lockit in blue was the store display. What gave it away was the clochette. It was already on the bag and a bit wrinkled. I didn't mind though as it was the only one they had. I love it!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all of your valuable inputs!! I have decided to wait until the next shipment since it is not a limited edition item… the SA has told me that the next shipment will be next week so hopefully they will have a brand new sunglasses for me ….

Oh no I feel that I’m addicted to LV now …

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all of your valuable inputs!! I have decided to wait until the next shipment since it is not a limited edition item… the SA has told me that the next shipment will be next week so hopefully they will have a brand new sunglasses for me ….

Oh no I feel that I’m addicted to LV now …

Don't worry, you'll have lots of company in the LV forum! :graucho:

This past July, I purchased a display item form the Waikiki store on Oahu. The SA was so uneasy with it to, she kept aplogizing to me. The item is 99.9 percent perfect and the tiny amount of patina on the leather would have happened the first time I wore it. It bothered her more than me! If you find the sunglasses are prefect, go for it, do not wait, they may not get more in and someone else could grab them and they would be gone! I am tickled with my display item and I am a perfectionist most of the time!

If there aren't any flaws then I don't see why not. THey change the display as well so things you get "from the back" may not be "new" either. And some stock rest for a long time in store before it moves.

The ones on display are brand new. The only difference is that people have already touched/inspected it but there's nothing wrong with that. Also, display items tend to have a tad darker patina sometimes.