Item Not Yet Received From A Merchant...

TXGirlie

O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
This is a non-ebay issue, but involves a paypal payment. I ordered something from a US merchant on the 4th which was supposedly shipped Priority, but it's still not here and that's unusual because I always get Priority packages within a week. The status has not updated beyond "acceptance". I will give it another week before I consider it a 'lost' package and start looking into it.

My question is, since I paid by paypal, what are my options for an item not received? It's a split payment. A small part of the balance was paid with funds in my paypal account, and the majority with a CC on my account.
Does paypal do anything for resolution if the transaction is not on ebay, but with a merchant?

You can certainly file an INR with paypal- if the merchant is reputable and keeps wanting to accept the paypal payment method, you should be able to recover your full purchase price.

Gibe it a little more time. It has obviously been shipped. They probably sent it ground so it takes forver. However you can file an INR, but I am not show how/if you can on split payments.

^^ It was a split payment within PP but one transaction- I didn't pay seperately. Paypal did their thing where they use your balance first, then put the rest on the CC.

I am giving it another week, but they did ship Priority not UPS Ground. Hopefully it will work out!

Last edited:
^^ It was a split payment within PP but one transaction- I didn't pay seperately. Paypal did their thing where they use your balance first, then out the rest on the CC.

I am giving it another week, but they did ship Priority not UPS Ground. Hopefully it will work out!

I see. Then that will quialify for an INR. That is one transaction in their eyes. I hope it works out for you too.

You can file an INR. If the seller doesn't respond you will more than likely win BUT, PP will only be able to recover whatever funds are left in his account. If this person was trying to scam you, more than likely there account is empty so while PP would rule in your favor, you'd get nothing.

You can file an INR. If the seller doesn't respond you will more than likely win BUT, PP will only be able to recover whatever funds are left in his account. If this person was trying to scam you, more than likely there account is empty so while PP would rule in your favor, you'd get nothing.

I have never heard of this. Wouldn't they just give them a negative balance like a paypal transaction? Shouldn't she be able to recover all the funds? I could be wrong. I learn something new everyday.

I have never heard of this. Wouldn't they just give them a negative balance like a paypal transaction? Shouldn't she be able to recover all the funds? I could be wrong. I learn something new everyday.

It was not an ebay transaction, therefore there is no buyer protection against INR, simply a buyer complaint process for INR. Under buyer complaint, PP will only attempt to recover what is available in the seller's account.

TX, I know that it's easy to say don't worry but I personally have had TWO Priority Mail packages "disappear" within the last few months. (The USPS keeps cutting staff, unfortunately, and I think that this is one of the places where we notice those cuts). :sad:

Both were mailed from the state right next to mine, with insurance and delivery confirmation - but happily, both reappeared within 2-3 weeks. So please just give it a bit of time, they will likely turn up. :yes: