Item not shipped & no response from seller

lpaigenyc

Dec 22, 2009
On Nov 23rd I used BIN for an item, I paid immediately via paypal (unfortunately the funds came out of my bank acct, not cc). The buyers page said they usually ship within 3 days of cleared payment. Today is the 29th and the item still has not shipped nor has the seller responded to two emails I sent asking about the shipping. Considering the holidays I was willing to wait but I would like to what is going on. I'm willing to wait but when would it be appropriate to file an INR? Is that done through eBay or paypa?. It was a small priced item (including shipping it was approx $25) but I would like it! I think I'm a bit spooked by all these threads I've been reading about scammers! The buyer has 2687 feedback with a 100% rating. They also have many other items on auction currently. Any thoughts? You all are so knowledgeable I figured you might have some suggestions!

i would file since you have already sent two emails. you can get their phone number from ebay. at least have the courtesy to update your buyer if you will be shipping late regardless of the holiday...especially with 2687 feedback being a seasoned ebayer.

i am actually in a similar situation so i am a bit bitter. i won and paid on 11/20 and emailed the seller on the 26th about shipping status and was told they were inundated with the holiday but will ship that saturday...and today still no delivery confirmation number nor email.

How do you know it wasn't shipped?

Your payment may have been made immediately but since it was not by CC, it may not clear for a few days. The seller would then ship within 3 days. Dependant on the backlog from the holiday it could be a few days extra for postal service. I would give it 2 weeks to arrive.

You have 45 days to file with Paypal.

^^^^^^^^ this^^^^^^^^

If you paid by Echeck they can take up to 7 working days to clear. The seller has to wait until they get the go ahead from PP to ship.

Even if it were an instant payment, INR can't be filed for 7 days. It's only been 6 days. (Today is the 29th and you won on the 23rd.)

And as others have said, with Thansgiving, Black Friday weekend, etc., she just might have been delayed a day or two.

I don't see the rush to file INR. You have 45 days and it was just a holiday, as others have mentioned. I'd give her at least a week. You bought on the 23rd, the 24th was a holiday. The first business day after your payment (assuming it went through immediately) was the 25th, second was the 28th, and you're already talking about an INR on the morning of 29th. It hasn't even been 3 full business days.

I share your frustration OP. Won something on the 19th, paid right away, sent an email to seller after 5 days which she ignored. Sent a second one and she promised to mail Monday but hasn't. We don't even have a holiday here :sad:
I agree with others to maybe give it two weeks, but I don't see why anyone would think it is acceptable to not communicate with your buyers. That would be the easiest way to put their minds at ease and eliminate all the stress. If you're too busy to send a quick message to someone who paid you their hard earned cash, don't sell.

Thanks everyone! I'm willing to wait, I just wanted to know when is the appropriate to file and where. I didn't realize that when you pay through paypal it still can take days to clear, I always though it was automatically withdrawn from your acct.
I just wish the seller would respond to my emails. the wait continues! :smile:

As a seller I hate Echecks! Unless the buyer uses them all the time and knows what to expect I know I am in for several days of "Where is my item" and/or "When do you plan on shipping?" I always send a message that i have received notification of an electronic payment and i will ship as soon as PP gives the OK. On your end the funds may show as having been deducted, but that doesn't mean that they have been cleared (via PP purgatory) into the sellers account.

I don't see the rush to file INR. You have 45 days and it was just a holiday, as others have mentioned. I'd give her at least a week. You bought on the 23rd, the 24th was a holiday. The first business day after your payment (assuming it went through immediately) was the 25th, second was the 28th, and you're already talking about an INR on the morning of 29th. It hasn't even been 3 full business days.

OP may have 45 days, but I don't blame her for wanting to know where the item is... Or at least that it has been shipped.

I would never take the full 45 days to file INR personally, but I'm not patient. :graucho: