Item not as described, what should I do?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Vlad and I are fortunate to have a large platform with an amazing community of handbag loving people who join us daily from across the globe. We want to be a part of the fix to end systematic racism, both conscious and unconscious. We are taking steps, both personally and professionally, to be better allies for the Black community. You can read more of my thoughts on PurseBlog and discover a great roundup of Black-owned handbag brands as well.

As our forums are shopping-focused, read about the 15 Percent Pledge and consider signing the petition to call on major retailers to pledge 15% of their shelf space to Black-owned businesses. Please reach out to me directly if there is something you feel I could do differently on our forums to be a better ally and make this forum a welcoming community for all.

If you want to deepen your anti-racism work, here is a comprehensive document with resources on books for kids, podcasts, articles, videos and more.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought a Stella McCartney bag from a sweet ebayer. Unfortunately, when i got the bag, it was too small. The auction stated that it was 15.7 inches across and the bag doesn't even meet 12 inches. So i just contacted the seller on getting a refund. I mean the fact the bag's width is 3.7 inches less than described, that does qualify for item not as described, right???

Anyhow, even though she's a sweet ebayer, should i file a dispute through paypal too to cover my back? What are all the necessary steps I should do?

2. Have you asked to return it? Have you discussed a refund?

3. I would always try to contact the seller directly and see if it can be resolved before opening disputes. So long as you are aware of the time limits for disputes/claims, and give a reasonable period for the seller to respond, I think it is a good idea to try to sort things out between you. Not sure if others will agree, but so far I have usually managed to resolve matters without opening disputes and use that option only when I am being ignored or meet a complete refusal from a seller.

4. I agree with above, contact the seller first. If you DO agree to return the bag and get a refund, make sure you send the bag back recorded so that you can confirm delivery. Give her a reasonable amount of time to refund you (if it is by Paypal a couple of days is enough).

Hopefully, everything will work out without having to file a dispute. If not, at least you have the tracking number to provide to them to say you have returned the bag.

Good luck.

5. I would say yes. I would be real disappointed with being a big bag gal ~ item not as described to me.

Linda

6. You should try to contact the seller and explain the situation,maybe the person will give you a refund or something.^-^

7. thank u for the suggestions ladies :heart:... I did contact her, but have not received a response. I emailed her again today letting her know the problem... I told her if I don't hear anything back from her by tomorrow AM, I'm going to file w/ paypal. It is not as described because a difference of 4 inches in a bag is huge. I can't even use it during the day -- its soo small to me. :sad:

8. UPDATE: the seller is refunding my money or I can just go to her showroom and exchange it for something else. ut oh, I might end up spending more money. lol. thanks for all the input, tPF rocks!