Item never received

plumaplomb

O.G.
Dec 10, 2008
I ordered a pair of boots and paid the day I won the auction through Paypal (some funds that I had earned on selling things). I never got the boots, opened a dispute, and then escalated to a claim. Through all of this, not one peep from the seller. On Paypal it says:
What happens next
The seller has been asked to respond by Feb. 5, 2009. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.

After 2/5 and if the seller never responds, am I automatically credited my money??

TIA.... I'm worried :shrugs:

yes, if they don't respond to paypal with proof of delivery you win and get your money back. i had a similar issue, i paid for scrapbook paint and never got it, did the claim and won.

it was US domestic shipping first class, so 5-8 days. it's been about a month. what's weird is that he/she left positive feedback for prompt payment soon after auction ended. ???

hi, yes it was purchased through payfoe and feebay. i asked him/her multiple times for a tracking number or at least confirmation that he/she sent it, but i never heard back, not once.

thx, i've filed a claim and have been waiting for paypal, who's been waiting for the seller to respond (according to the website). the seller has until feb 5 to respond. does this mean after feb 5 i will be automatically credited my money if the seller does not respond?

thx, i've filed a claim and have been waiting for paypal, who's been waiting for the seller to respond (according to the website). the seller has until feb 5 to respond. does this mean after feb 5 i will be automatically credited my money if the seller does not respond?
I think that is the way it works. If he does not respond, they refund you (or try to, depending on if the seller has $$ in his PP account; if he's a scammer he may withdraw it all out) Is this a high end item? Have you been in touch with him at all about a tracking # or anything?

Ugh that happened to me through PP, but it wasn't a transaction from bay.
The seller never responded the open dispute and in the end PP found the dispute in my favor, but b/c the seller no longer had any funds in their account, they were unable to do anything. Thank goodness it wasn't a huge amount (~35$), but still money nonetheless :tdown:

This was the email reply from PP
"
We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.
"

no it isn't a high end item but it is an item i've been looking for FOREVER. makes me so sad. i really hope they didn't clear out their PP acct; i'd like to put that money towards buying these boots elsewhere. feb 5 is coming up so i'll keep you ladies posted on how this all works out. thanks again for all the help ... i LOVE TPF!!