Item I paid for has been removed

ebay is totally wrong in saying that you won't have buyer protection. You already paid - what do they expect you to do? I've gotten that same message. In my case I knew the item was authentic.

This has happened Twice too Me! I go to pay and there is no listing? Same message as the OP's. Now I wait until 24 Hours has passed before I make a payment. Should have been removed before the listing ended, Not after! :nogood:

ebay is totally wrong in saying that you won't have buyer protection. You already paid - what do they expect you to do? I've gotten that same message. In my case I knew the item was authentic.

They expected me to cancel the transaction and request a refund....of course this would not affect my status as a seller/buyer apparently:hrmm: as if they expect me to believe anything they say now.
I'm 99.9% certain the item is genuine so I'm only breaking out in a light sweat :smile:

I just had this happen to me too!! Everything was absolutely fine . I was nervous at first but the item was an LV eva bag and the bin was 150! No kidding, someone mentioned that MC and the listing was removed because the price was too low. I had the bag authenticated and it is 100% real and in beautiful condition! You have nothing to worry about. Other times if a seller (especially new) sells more than a certain type of item this may happen. Try not to worry

I just had this happen to me too!! Everything was absolutely fine . I was nervous at first but the item was an LV eva bag and the bin was 150! No kidding, someone mentioned that MC and the listing was removed because the price was too low. I had the bag authenticated and it is 100% real and in beautiful condition! You have nothing to worry about. Other times if a seller (especially new) sells more than a certain type of item this may happen. Try not to worry

Funnily enough luv2run41 the bin of this bag was £150 too :smile: and I was thinking it may have been reported as fake due to low listing price and the fact that it is not a common colour/leather type.
Sounds like you got a great bargain there :graucho:

I'm curious if they changed the wording of the message that tells you the item has been removed. Here is the text of a removed message I received last year:

MC999 The listing you're interested in is no longer available

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Hello xxxx,
We're writing to let you know that we removed the listing you won or were bidding on, and the item is no longer available:
0000000000 - Coach Purse Lot

We do our best to make sure listings that may not comply with our policies don't appear on eBay, but with millions of items listed every day, occasionally one may appear on our site.

The most common reasons we remove listings are:
-- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.
-- The listing or item may have violated the intellectual property rights of others.

What to do now:

If you won the item and haven't paid yet:
-- This transaction is now canceled. You don't need to pay for the item.
-- If the seller offers the item outside eBay, don't accept the offer. Transactions completed off eBay are not protected by our Feedback system or Buyer Protection programs. For more information on transactions outside of eBay see:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/transactions-outside-eBay.html

If you won the item and already paid:
-- If you already received your item and you're satisfied, please disregard this notice.
-- If you haven't received the item, or if the item is significantly not as described, your purchase price plus original shipping may be covered by eBay Buyer Protection:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/resolving-problems.html
-- If you paid by a method other than PayPal, we recommend you try to stop payment. Please contact your payment provider directly.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. eBay still has lots of other great deals. Just go to http://www.ebay.com to shop. We hope to see you soon.
Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
[/FONT]

MC999 THE LISTING YOU'RE INTERESTED IN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Hello XXXXX,
We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
231335405683 - Mulberry Roxanne bag

Since you've already paid for this item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon.

We wish you all the best on eBay and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Customer Support" at the top of most eBay pages.

eBay still has lots of other great deals. Go to http://www.ebay.co.uk to shop. We hope to see you soon.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

That's a direct copy and paste whateve and is very different from your message.

this has happened to me and the seller was actually a highly rated power seller, weeks after purchasing the item I noticed it was missing from my purchase history. They were some expensive headphones I got them for a good deal I havent had any issues with them so I'm guessing maybe the seller shut down their account or got caught up in the ebay drama(this happened earlier this year)

I'm happy to say all's well that ends well.....bag turned up today and she's GORGEOUS :yahoo: it's just a shame that due to it being removed I can no longer leave feedback to the seller so a big :tdown: to ebay!!!

Just got one of these emails tonight about a pair of shoes I won from a newish seller. I hope I end up with a positive outcome like the previous posters. Were any of you able to confirm if you in fact still had buyer protection? I paid through PayPal with PayPal credit. Thanks!

Just got one of these emails tonight about a pair of shoes I won from a newish seller. I hope I end up with a positive outcome like the previous posters. Were any of you able to confirm if you in fact still had buyer protection? I paid through PayPal with PayPal credit. Thanks!
Did you have the shoes authenticated before bidding?

1. Ask the seller why they were removed.
2. If she admits that they're fake, you've saved yourself the hassle of a return
3. If she insists they're authentic, use a c.c. to fund the PP payment for an extra level of protection.
4. Once you receive the shoes, post your pictures in the Glass Slipper authentication thread.