Item I paid for has been removed

R1MADGIRL

Aug 28, 2014
Good afternoon ladies,
I'm needing some help here as I am totally confused.
An item I won and paid for via Paypal has subsequently been removed with the code MC999,eBay will naturally not tell me why so I don't know whether it was reported as fake or for some other reason.
This is the message I recieved from them via the messaging system-

"Since you've already paid for this item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon.

We wish you all the best on eBay and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Customer Support" at the top of most eBay pages.

eBay still has lots of other great deals. Go to http://www.ebay.co.uk to shop. We hope to see you soon.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email."

This is the note beside the listing-

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

I have just spoken online to a customer support agent (there's a misnomer if ever I heard one) who refused to tell me why the listing had ended and then said that I would no longer be entitled to Buyer protection or Paypal protection if the item was not as described.
I am totally confused as the message is telling me to proceed and if any problems go via the resolution system,then I have an agent telling me I'm stuffed if there's anything wrong :censor:

Good afternoon ladies,
An item I won and paid for via Paypal has subsequently been removed with the code MC999,eBay will naturally not tell me why so I don't know whether it was reported as fake or for some other reason.

"Since you've already paid for this item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon.

We wish you all the best on eBay and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Customer Support" at the top of most eBay pages.

eBay still has lots of other great deals. Go to http://www.ebay.co.uk to shop. We hope to see you soon.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email."

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

I have just spoken online to a customer support agent (there's a misnomer if ever I heard one) who refused to tell me why the listing had ended and then said that I would no longer be entitled to Buyer protection or Paypal protection if the item was not as described.
I am totally confused as the message is telling me to proceed and if any problems go via the resolution system,then I have an agent telling me I'm stuffed if there's anything wrong :censor:

Is the seller still registered or have they been deregistered?

I don't know if it's any help but 2 items I bought (and paid for) over the past couple of months were removed and I received both without any issue whatsoever.

As far as I can see from a quick read of the policy, there is no exclusion saying the ebay money back guarantee doesn't cover you if items are removed from site.

Good afternoon ladies,

Thanks,

eBay

This seems in accurate information to me, You might want to call back and get another rep on the line.

The seller is still registered although I have to admit they are a new seller but everyone has to start somewhere.
I believe to the best of my knowledge that the bag I bought is genuine although I could understand someone thinking it was fake as it's a rare colour scheme and leather finish.
The seller accepts returns within 14 days of receipt so I have no reason to think there is anything underhand with the listing,certainly not intentionally anyway.
I've emailed the seller, waiting to hear back from them but I thought I'd contact eBay just to get some clarification and all I got was conflicting messages.
I want to go ahead with the transaction but just a bit concerned if anything does go wrong then I'm not protected.
Thanks vernis-lover x

What was the item? Do you have an item number? What is the seller's ID? I might be able to find a cache of the lisitng.

The seller id was smylie52,item number has gone but it was a Roxanne in Plum antique glace.
Just heard back from the seller and apparently eBay's response to them was "not enough information on the listing" :confused1:

So far, I can't find anything but sometimes it takes a couple of days for the cache to show.

The item number should be in your ebay messages and/or email.

My guess is that the listing was removed as fake. Ebay doesn't take down listings for "not enough information."

If the seller hasn't shipped yet, I'd request a refund.

Based on the seller's history, I'd bet that the takedown was for trademark infringement.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/smylie52/m.html?item=231281947992&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

BTW, you certainly are covered if you receive a SNAD item.

The customer services agent I "spoke" to via live chat said that as the listing was removed I had no protection at all as eBay had removed it.
The messages say a completely different thing hence the confusion.
If I'm still covered then I am happy to go ahead with the transaction as then it's little risk to me as such.

Personally, with a 2-feedback seller, no history of selling designer items, a highly faked item, a listing takedown and (what I consider to be) a feeble explanation of the reason for the removal, I would get a refund and find another seller and item.

But if you do decide to go through, fund the payment with a credit card for extra protection. If the item is SNAD, file a dispute with PP (since the option probably won't be in your ebay), explain that the listing had been removed .....

If they don't issue the refund, you have the option of your c.c. company.

Has the seller shipped the item yet? If not, you may want to ask her to hold off until you have had the item authenticated. If it is deemed inauthentic, the easiest way would be to get the seller to agree to cancel the transaction and refund your payment.

If you end up with the item and you then determine it is fake, you can file a SNAD with Paypal. I can't believe ebay is blowing you off because they cancelled the transaction after you had already paid. But you are covered by both so you can file with either. The important thing is to make sure the item is fake and have your documentation prepared before you file the claim. Good luck.

Has the seller shipped the item yet? If not, you may want to ask her to hold off until you have had the item authenticated. If it is deemed inauthentic, the easiest way would be to get the seller to agree to cancel the transaction and refund your payment.

If you end up with the item and you then determine it is fake, you can file a SNAD with Paypal. I can't believe ebay is blowing you off because they cancelled the transaction after you had already paid. But you are covered by both so you can file with either. The important thing is to make sure the item is fake and have your documentation prepared before you file the claim. Good luck.

The seller has shipped so will just have to hope and pray!
I have ebay's messages saved saying to go ahead and any problems go through resolution so as far as I'm concerned I'm going by that and they will have to stick to it!
The more I read on here,the more I understand why people are becoming disillusioned with ebay who seem to like changing the goal posts every 5 minutes to suit themselves.