Item arrived yesterday, but buyer asked me if it was sent already!!!

s627y

O.G.
May 12, 2008
Help please!!!
A buyer sent me a message this morning at 12:00am asking me whether his item was sent!
I checked USPS tracking, it indicates the item was delviered yesterday afternoon at 2:30pm.
What is going on? Is he trying to do a scam on me???
I am so paranoid now!!! Is there anything I can do to protect myself?
Will he be able to file a claim on ebay or paypal?
Thank you!

1. Give him the tracking # and let him check for himself
2. ask him to look again near front door (sometimes mailman leaves packages in hidden places to avoid theft)
3. check with his neighbors
4. contact P.O. asap, tell them what happened and ask to track down the delivery guy and hope he still remembers where the package is

Since your tracking shows the package is delivered, you're safe.

Same as BeBear. Show him you have the tracking information + delivery status and that you are not intimidated.

Maybe somebody from his house got the item for him. Maybe he should ask his family members.

Thank you BeBear and Roche! I was so scared! This is so strange!! How could he ask me if the item was shipped? I know Paypal sends him an email when I created the shipping label.
It just sounds so fishy to me. I did write him and gave him the link to USPS. He has not responded yet.

Or ask his wife/kids. My Dh signed for a handbag delivery one day and left the box sitting in the garage. Never said a word to anyone. Luckily, I drive into the garage when I come home!

Well, this guy is in Texas, and I am in East Coast. The item arrived at 2:00pm eastern time yesterday. So no way he wouldn't know about it at 12:00 am this morning!
I'll just wait patiently for his email. so upsetting!!!
Thanks for all your help!

Wait for his response and if he still says that he hasn't received it, ask him to check with his post office (ask him which one is his post office and tell him you will contact them as well). Also, go to your own post office and ask them what you can do about a missing package. I had a few sellers who told me they never received their item. I went to the post office and they told me I could fill out a form so they could do an investigation (I don't know if they still do that now... they should though). Then I notified my buyers that I had spoken to the post office and told them that they had stated I that I could open an investigation and that if anyone had tampered with the mail or taken it... they could get into big trouble. Usually... within the next day the sellers would give me some excuse and tell me that they had found their package (i.e. "oh, I checked my post office and it was there"...etc.). I always do delivery confirmation so I know that the sellers have received their item. It is for their own protection as well as mine.

Thank you Carrie3579! I never thought about getting a signature confirmation, I thought because priority provides tracking number, everything should be okay. Dumb me!!!
I will find those information right now! Thank you!

Thank you Carrie3579! I never thought about getting a signature confirmation, I thought because priority provides tracking number, everything should be okay. Dumb me!!!
I will find those information right now! Thank you!

Well you are required to if the item was >$250. Let us know how this turns out.

One thing nobody asked is, are you sure you delivered to his correct address? Maybe it was delivered to his work address instead of his home address, or vice versa. You never know, that could be a possibility.

I once had a buyer who said they were unable to change their address through PP (which I know this can be cumbersome) and asked me to ship to another address. Since it wasn't an expensive item, I had no problems complying with her request.

Maybe he didn't realize that the address on his PP account is different from his home/work address?

I really hope he isn't setting this up for a scam. Keep us posted!

Thank you all for your help! His address on Paypal is confirmed. I just hope he will write back and tell me he found it.
The item I sold was over $250, but when I print label from Paypal it didn't tell me it requires a signature. Only tracking was provided.