itchy scalp and dry breaking hair - HELP!

sgw135

BrightenEveryJourney
Sep 24, 2009
so this started back in august - i thought maybe i overused my iron or i just needed to change my shampoo/conditioner. well ive cut back on my iron (which is T3 and very good), i changed from john freida to redken all soft and ive cut about 7 inches off my hair.

and my scalp is still itchy and my hair still tangles, knots and breaks every single day.

do you have any products you could recommend?

I was thinking of the DCL dermatologic cosmetic laboratories Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner.

thanks for the help!!!

so this started back in august - i thought maybe i overused my iron or i just needed to change my shampoo/conditioner. well ive cut back on my iron (which is T3 and very good), i changed from john freida to redken all soft and ive cut about 7 inches off my hair.

and my scalp is still itchy and my hair still tangles, knots and breaks every single day.

do you have any products you could recommend?

I was thinking of the DCL dermatologic cosmetic laboratories Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner.

thanks for the help!!!

I feel for you. I've been having this exact problem for nearly a year now! It's horrible. I've tried so many different products and they all fail to help at all.

I've found a routine that's working well for me so far and has cleared it up quite a bit. About 20 minutes before I wash my hair, I massage some jojoba oil into my scalp (I think this is the key!). Then, I shampoo my hair with Alaffia Neem & Shea Scalp Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner. It's really nice and soothing, and can be used daily. It's a pretty small bottle, so I like to alternate with Andalou Naturals Full Volume and Biotin Shampoo. I've also stopped blow drying my hair and just letting it air dry. I plan on trying Dado Sens ExtroDerm Shampoo next, if I can find it anywhere around here. I've had great success with their skincare for my eczema. I really hope you find something that works for you! :smile:

I had eczema on my scalp for many many years and nothing helped but I tried body shop's Ginger shampoo and within days noticed a big difference and my scalp healed too. Still get minor flaking but it's not itchy anymore and my hair is healthy too.

This winter I got this too! Thought I had lice! Fortunately no. Nizoral shampoo really helped stop the itch but it is drying. So I leave it off the ends of my hair.

As for my dry ends, I just deep condition them. I drop a few drops of bio oil into my conditioner. It feels lighter than olive oil.

Philip Kingsley Extreme Elasticizer is amazing to help rebuild your hair. I don't how fine your hair is but I think you should be using moisture masks and a spray or cream like Moroccan Oil - which is a moisturising serum but works well

I second the Body Shop's Ginger Shampoo. I had a dry scalp and noticed significantly less flaking within a couple uses. I still use it in the winter when my scalp acts up.

I have eczema and occasionally my scalp will dry out and resist all kinds of treatments. The one I found that works the best is Kerastase's dandruff shampoo. It's pricey but works really well for me. Flakes are gone within 3 uses, and best of all, it doesn't make my scalp feel dry or tight. I also love their hair masks and conditioners but my other 2 favorite products are the 1) Elixir Ultime, which can be applied pre or post-shampoo or during styling to add softness and prevent tangles; and 2) Ciment Thermique - a heat-activated protectant which adds volume to my hair and has really done a lot to prevent/decrease hair loss. I hope this helps!

Kerastase products are available at specific salons, but I don't have any close to me so I buy them from kerastase online.