Itching to buy PM...tempted to sell Melie

DaisyM

O.G.
Jan 29, 2014
I'm saving to buy a Pochette Metis for my birthday in September but have nearly convinced myself to sell my Melie and fund the purchase now instead. Every day I change my mind about whether to wait or sell...I'm driving myself nuts!!:nuts:

My Melie is a weekends-only bag, and I've had it 1 year. Great bag, with cross-body functionality, but BIG! My other bags are 2 Neverfull MMs, which I use for work/travel, and 2 classic Speedys, both of which have sentimental value to me/could never part with. I have a Eva DE and love its functionality, but due to size it is used more sparingly.

I have a few work + personal trips coming up and would love a medium-sized crossbody to take along. Though I love all of my bags, my Melie is the least loved/used. But if I sell I may regret it, as it is my only hobo, and I do love it's shape and functionality too.

Help! My rational side says wait, my impulsive side says sell. What would you do?

do you find the Melie with ton of spare space you're not using bc you mention it being huge...maybe the pochette Metis would be a great replacement for your Melie. I find myself downsizing what I carry and I'm using my smaller bag more often then my tote like the NF and Retiro. So I vote to sell the Melie, there's no rule that said you have to have hobo in your collection. Invest on the ones that you're going to use, in this case you said the Melie is sparely use. GL!

Reactions: DaisyM
I would sell it based on the fact that your neverfulls and speedys give you a similar capacity and function. I have a noir empreinte melie that I LOVE and would not give up, but I don't have another good work bag of that size. I had the PM and sold it a few years ago when I did a massive purge of my bags. I have regretted it ever since. I definitely plan on adding it back to my collection at some point because it is such a functional every day bag. It sounds like the PM would be a good fit with your existing collection and be something nice between the Eva and speedy/neverfull.

Reactions: Sonmi999 and DaisyM
I love the PM in mono if you can find it- it could be a good option if you feel the Melie is not something you will use much. I responded in the Melie clubhouse to your post because I appreciate your honest eval of the Melie. I am considering that bag now. I was down for the PM in emp but to me it is not special enough to justify owning 2 PMs. Plus the all leather PM seems smaller to me. I do have the Noe GM but I like the Melie in mono for its functionality/cross-body.
Good luck with your decision!

I really like the Melie and if I could get over having a bag without a zipper that would be on my list because it has that crossbody option. I have two Evora's that are very large and I only use for travel but I could not part with them. There are just some bags that need to be kept for their function. Save for the PM!

I notice all of your bags are top open/top zipper. Mine are as well. I went to the boutique to get the PM reverse and I couldn't deal with the clasp and flap. I wore it for about 15 minutes, then had to give it up because I was getting annoyed trying to get my stuff in and out. Just something to consider if you grab for your cell frequently. I was bummed, but realized it wasn't going to work. Have you tried the PM on?

DaisyM, I wouldn't sell your Melie unless you're 100% done with it. I remember seeing your mod shots in the Melie Clubhouse and it looks so perfect on you!! I have the PM and I will admit I have to make myself reach for something else because the PM is such a great bag. I've been waiting on buying the Melie to see if they work this corner wear and pinholes defects out to get one. I missed out on the Metis hobo and every time I see one worn out in public I just kick myself. I may miss out on the Melie if I wait much longer? If you could keep your Melie (unless, like I said, your 100% done with it) and still save for the PM that's what I would do. They're both great for different looks and function. This is a tough one:confused1:

Selling the Melie would be an impulsive move and, as such, would most likely lead to remorse once the thrill of the short-term excitement/infatuation dims. The PM isn't going anywhere anytime soon and will be there for you in September, so, as hard as it may seem, be patient and save. It will be worth it in the end when you can have both of your bags.

I use my Neverfull GM as an everyday purse. Is the Melie going to be big enough for me? I like big bags, but I couldn't tell how spacious the Melie was. I don't want everything crammed in there. Just plenty of room to put everything in it and that I'm able to find things easily.