Itching, help me choose next bag!

Swedengirl

Jan 20, 2016
Oh I've been bitten so hard by the LV bug! Since November 2016 my LV collection has gone from 0 to 9 pieces and I still can't stop! I love this brand and all the beautiful bags and SLG they produce.

I've been going back and forth now that I want a Damier Azur bag but I'm not sure I can do the vachetta as I'm so scared of ruining it and then I fall for a smaller clutch: the Favourite mm or the gorgeous Carissa with Rose Ballerine. I really don't "need" another bag I just want one! I try to tell myself I have enough and should be happy but a couple of hours later I'm on YouTube looking at reviews again lusting for next one.

Help me decide on what my next LV bag should be?

These are the ones I've fallen in love with this week: IMG_1487535859.363735.jpg

My current LV family: IMG_1487535886.485019.jpg

My current Bag collection: IMG_1487535919.158012.jpg

The Delightful is a gorgeous bag, but it tends to slip off the shoulder a lot. I had two and sold my DA one because of this. I still have a DE one because the coated leather strap doesn't fall off my shoulder (I don't know why).
Also be aware that the canvas Melie has known issues with rubbed corners and pinholes.
I wouldn't buy any more bags right now, because maybe some months ahead you will be able to better identify what type of bag is missing from your collection. But if you just can't avoid buying one now, considering your current bags and your wishlist, I think I'd go with the Delightful. Just make sure to try it on at the store first, just to see if the strap won't annoy you. My second option would be the Neverfull. You have plenty of smaller bags.

The Delightful is a gorgeous bag, but it tends to slip off the shoulder a lot. I had two and sold my DA one because of this. I still have a DE one because the coated leather strap doesn't fall off my shoulder (I don't know why).
Also be aware that the canvas Melie has known issues with rubbed corners and pinholes.
I wouldn't buy any more bags right now, because maybe some months ahead you will be able to better identify what type of bag is missing from your collection. But if you just can't avoid buying one now, considering your current bags and your wishlist, I think I'd go with the Delightful. Just make sure to try it on at the store first, just to see if the strap won't annoy you. My second option would be the Neverfull. You have plenty of smaller bags.

Thank you! What is "pinholes"? Rubbed corners I really don't like so that bag is out then I guess :sad: I just liked the fact you could wear it two ways. The delightful looks so slouchy and nice! I like the way it "closes" but as you say it can drop from shoulder so I really need to try it on, but what worries me also is the fact that the strap is vachetta and I would ruin it by just touching it :sad: id love the DA neverfull but I already have one neverfull, which I absolutely love but can one have two?

Thank you! What is "pinholes"? Rubbed corners I really don't like so that bag is out then I guess :sad: I just liked the fact you could wear it two ways. The delightful looks so slouchy and nice! I like the way it "closes" but as you say it can drop from shoulder so I really need to try it on, but what worries me also is the fact that the strap is vachetta and I would ruin it by just touching it :sad: id love the DA neverfull but I already have one neverfull, which I absolutely love but can one have two?
If you think the Neverfull is functional for you, I see no problem in having two.
Pinholes are really tiny holes. Check the Melie Clubhouse, I believe there are pictures of this issue there, as well as of the rubbed corners. Have you considered the Melie in empreinte leather?

Reactions: Swedengirl
Based on what you currently have, my vote is for something DA. I have the DA Delightful in RB and wore it pretty much 4 months straight last year during the summer in rain, slammed it in my car door, dropped it....the vachetta is fine. It is a more honey patina now, but still looks fabulous. Such a comfy bag! I never had any issues with the bag falling off my shoulder - but maybe my side boob keeps it up, who knows? :biggrin: Good luck deciding!

I have Melie and I have to return it due to corner problem. You can check about the pictures on Melie thread. It's a great bag but I can't not deal with the issue.
I have delightful MM in mono and I have no issue. I also have NF MM in mon monogram and no issue. So my vote will be between delightful or NF. Good luck.. ;)

Oh I've been bitten so hard by the LV bug! Since November 2016 my LV collection has gone from 0 to 9 pieces and I still can't stop! I love this brand and all the beautiful bags and SLG they produce.

I've been going back and forth now that I want a Damier Azur bag but I'm not sure I can do the vachetta as I'm so scared of ruining it and then I fall for a smaller clutch: the Favourite mm or the gorgeous Carissa with Rose Ballerine. I really don't "need" another bag I just want one! I try to tell myself I have enough and should be happy but a couple of hours later I'm on YouTube looking at reviews again lusting for next one.

These are the ones I've fallen in love with this week: View attachment 3610722

My current LV family: View attachment 3610723

My current Bag collection: View attachment 3610724

This is off topic, but where did you get your glass display case? I've been looking for one to store and display my bags but haven't found one that I like yet. Thanks!

Based on what you currently have, my vote is for something DA. I have the DA Delightful in RB and wore it pretty much 4 months straight last year during the summer in rain, slammed it in my car door, dropped it....the vachetta is fine. It is a more honey patina now, but still looks fabulous. Such a comfy bag! I never had any issues with the bag falling off my shoulder - but maybe my side boob keeps it up, who knows? [emoji3] Good luck deciding!
Omg I love this post! Thank you for bringing reality to a bag with vachetta! I have to ask, did you pre-treat it at all and if you have a moment to post a pic of how it looks now that would be awesome! [emoji16]

These are the ones I've fallen in love with this week: View attachment 3610722

My current LV family: View attachment 3610723

My current Bag collection: View attachment 3610724

What about the Favorite MM in Azur Print... round out your collection.