It won't let me post in the Purse Thread... but I have to ask...

abandonedimages said:
Thought this was a good bargain --

keepall%2055-shoulder%20strap.jpg

Double zip closure 22" L x 12" W x 9" H
$180
http://www.bagsnvogue.com/product.aspx?productNAME=Keepall%2055%20with%20Shoulder%20Strap

It's huge and still cheaper than the $200/10" COACH handbag I just got (boo me).

Is this a real LV??? I'm guessing it can't be - for the price.

LeSportsac has inexpensive bags. I just saw good-sized duffel bags at Bloomingdale's today, and I think they were $94. I'm not sure how well they hold up, but they're inexpensive enough to replace if they get messed up.

Also, you might be able to find one of last year's Coach Hamptons Weekend Medium totes at an outlet or something. Those were big bags. I have one that I use on overnight-type trips. It was $198 last year, I think.

kathyrose said:
You got lots of good suggestions already. What about a big Coach tote?

Well... I've never seen a Coach tote big enough for my needs. I'm thinking I'll need something about 18"W 14"T 8"D... around there anyway, just big. When I stay over at friends' places I bring clothes, a towel, all of my hair stuff (about 5 products and hair dryer), makeup, and anything else I need. Do you know of a "huge" Coach tote that has ever existed?

CoachKatie said:
Well... I've never seen a Coach tote big enough for my needs. I'm thinking I'll need something about 18"W 14"T 8"D... around there anyway, just big. When I stay over at friends' places I bring clothes, a towel, all of my hair stuff (about 5 products and hair dryer), makeup, and anything else I need. Do you know of a "huge" Coach tote that has ever existed?
18 x 14 x 8

How about these then, CoachKatie?
All off ebags.com
1) Royce Leather Euro Traveller $233-10 (special offer)
20 x 17 x 8
2) Bosca Correspondent Soft Brief bag $292-50 (special offer)
19 x 14 x 7
3) Kipling Coast Weekend Bag $128
15.75 x 24.5 x 15.75
4) Coakley Soft Tote $292-50 (special offer)
17 x 14 x 7

bagnshoofetish said:
how about a small roll away carry on type thingy? sounds like you might need wheels.

Haha! I just might! There's so many choices out there and I'm not sure which one I'd like best. It's so hard to be so specific and not be able to touch the bag (online ordering). Ugh!

The Hayden-Harnett looks great. Maybe one of the forumites here has bought the Convertible and you could canvass her opinion, CoachKatie?

Smartbargains has this on offer:
Longchamp Blue Les Pliages Tote $84-99

CoachKatie (and everyone else), I hope you'll excuse me for going on and on ... I've just read about Tutto Luggage for the first time. Not exactly stylish but it seems durable.

http://www.gopata.com/footnotes/1-tutto.htm

http://www.tutto.com/20_neon_color.htm

Pics off tutto.com

Tutto Regulation Carry On Cost $135 (ordered online)
Regulation Carry-on
Fits under airplane seat
Top & Front access
New neon colors available!
One of the most popular Carry-on size

Dimension: 20" L x 13" H x 9" D
Volume: 1.5 Cu. ft.

Product: #4020Co
Material: Ballistic Nylon
Available Colors: Burgundy, Black, Olive

Product: #4220Co
Material: Nylon
New Colors: Lime, Purple, Red, Pink, Blue

passerby said:
CoachKatie (and everyone else), I hope you'll excuse me for going on and on ...

Thank you SO much for all of your help. I've been sitting here at home writing down various names and dimensions of all of the bags you're suggesting - you're such a doll!