it was horrific... couldn't believe my eyes

fly_girl007

Jun 24, 2009
Two horrifying things I witnessed today while in the grocery store lineup:

1. The most hideous fake Carly I've ever seen. The C's weren't symmetrical, the "patent leather" was peeling, and there was signature lining :nuts:

2. When the cashier asked the woman if she wanted plastic bags, she said no and proceeded to put a package of raw steak in her bag, along with most of her groceries....

Seriously... WTF?? Am I the only one who is horrified at the above scene? Granted it was a Goach, but could you imagine putting raw meat in your precious bag?? :throwup:

Ok, I am usually not really grossed out by normal things (like finding used lipstick in a bag) but putting a package of raw meat in you purse is just crazy and unsanitary I don't care if it is a $1 bag from the Dollar Store. Most of the packages of meat that I have ever gotten leak. So she would have raw meat juice all over her wallet, keys and so forth. And can you imagine how it would smell?

Ok, I am usually not really grossed out by normal things (like finding used lipstick in a bag) but putting a package of raw meat in you purse is just crazy and unsanitary I don't care if it is a $1 bag from the Dollar Store. Most of the packages of meat that I have ever gotten leak. So she would have raw meat juice all over her wallet, keys and so forth. And can you imagine how it would smell?

Oh believe me, it's disgusting. I've worked as a cashier before and you wouldn't believe how filthy people let their reusable cloth bags let. They don't get washed and raw meat gets thrown in all the time :nuts:

Of course they'll tell a lie and say "oh the meat's fine in the cloth bag, I wash them all the time". Suuuuuure you do... that's why they're pretty much black and smell like mold. But back to the issue at hand, I'm too much of a chickensh*t to even put a water bottle in my Zoe. I haven't seen anyone put meat into a higher end bag yet, lol...

Two horrifying things I witnessed today while in the grocery store lineup:

1. The most hideous fake Carly I've ever seen. The C's weren't symmetrical, the "patent leather" was peeling, and there was signature lining :nuts:

2. When the cashier asked the woman if she wanted plastic bags, she said no and proceeded to put a package of raw steak in her bag, along with most of her groceries....

Seriously... WTF?? Am I the only one who is horrified at the above scene? Granted it was a Goach, but could you imagine putting raw meat in your precious bag?? :throwup:

:wtf: :faint:

Oh believe me, it's disgusting. I've worked as a cashier before and you wouldn't believe how filthy people let their reusable cloth bags let. They don't get washed and raw meat gets thrown in all the time :nuts:

Of course they'll tell a lie and say "oh the meat's fine in the cloth bag, I wash them all the time". Suuuuuure you do... that's why they're pretty much black and smell like mold. But back to the issue at hand, I'm too much of a chickensh*t to even put a water bottle in my Zoe. I haven't seen anyone put meat into a higher end bag yet, lol...
Me too! I am so glad I am not the only one. My husband tried to put a bottle of water in my bag one day and I freaked out. He was like WTF? It's just water. I told him to put the water down and step away from the bag slowly. He truly looked worried about my sanity there for a minute. They just don't get it.

Hmmmm....:thinking: I think it is totally appropriate for her to put meat in her Foach bag. I've read somewhere that raw meat (particularly a T-Bone steak) is good for putting over black eyes. I think that this fugly bag is in such a state it needs some serious healing. Maybe she was hoping it could heal into a real Coach bag.

In some way, I am sooo glad she has a Foach bag and never discovered the Coach outlet. Really, if she put that raw meat into a real Coach bag, there is Hell to pay because us Coachies won't put up with it. :amazed::lecture::bagslap: I would totally freak out if she sold her used Coach bags on eBay and the poor buyer gets a bag soaked with meat juices inside. :faint:

So, that Foach bag can go Meat Its Maker and we don't care. :death::blah: [Otherwise, it's just plain funny! :lol:]

Last edited:
Not a lot surprises me anymore but this story is truly a gem...what a freakin' dingbat :nuts:

And T-Girl, you think that person was really trying to "heal" her fugly Foach with the steak or just wanting to know how long it would take to disintegrate from meat juice contamination???
You know, a science experiment of sorts:lolots:

Not a lot surprises me anymore but this story is truly a gem...what a freakin' dingbat :nuts:

And T-Girl, you think that person was really trying to "heal" her fugly Foach with the steak or just wanting to know how long it would take to disintegrate from meat juice contamination???
You know, a science experiment of sorts:lolots:

No, not really. ;)

I dunnoh....the fascination of watching a bag disintegrate with meat juice contamination is along the same lines as watching a corpse dissolve in a the Body Farm lot--I've read too much CSI and Suspense books for my own good to know this kind of stuff. :graucho:

I think I prefer using a meat-juice free Coach bag and not deal with flies buzzing around vying for my handbag's attention not to mention their maggot babies. :P :yucky:

Last edited:
I think I prefer using a meat-juice free Coach bag and not deal with flies buzzing around vying for my handbag's attention not to mention their maggot babies. :P :yucky:

Add to this the fact that you'd have some serious disclosure to do if you ever wanted to e*bay it :nuts:
Yeah, ITA that everyone is better off with meat-juice free bags :lol:

^ITA^ No matter how much Arm 'N Hammer boxes you're gonna put inside the bag to deodourize it, it's just not gonna do a darned thing for the bag's sad state.

The only other option I see for this sad thing is gasoline and a good lighter on some faraway deserted flatlands.

Last edited:
Hmmmm....:thinking: I think it is totally appropriate for her to put meat in her Foach bag. I've read somewhere that raw meat (particularly a T-Bone steak) is good for putting over black eyes. I think that this fugly bag is in such a state it needs some serious healing. Maybe she was hoping it could heal into a real Coach bag.

In some way, I am sooo glad she has a Foach bag and never discovered the Coach outlet. Really, if she put that raw meat into a real Coach bag, there is Hell to pay because us Coachies won't put up with it. :amazed::lecture::bagslap: I would totally freak out if she sold her used Coach bags on eBay and the poor buyer gets a bag soaked with meat juices inside. :faint:

So, that Foach bag can go Meat Its Maker and we don't care. :death::blah: [Otherwise, it's just plain funny! :lol:]

HAHAHAHA priceless!