it’s not easy being GREEN

May 23, 2006
Hermes Ladies:

For the first-ever Birkin on my wish list, I’m thinking 35 cm Togo in GREEN. I’ve got brown hair and brown eyes and green has always been a favorite color; one of my favorite bags to carry in the past year has been an olive green Prada satchel.

I have combed through this subforum, reference libraries, and color charts, but I have found very few pictures of Birkins (or Kellys) in green, other than Vert Anis (bright apple green), which is very popular right now, I know, but just not for me. My top choice, I think, is Vert Fonce (forest green). I’m also open to other mid- to dark-range greens.

If any of you own a green Hermes bag, would you mind posting a pic or pointing me to one that you have already posted? Or, if you have seen any nice shades of green IRL that you think might work for me, I would really appreciate your recommendations and advice. Thanks so much. :smile:

There's also vert chartreuse, vert olive, vert amande, vert feuillage. If you go into the Hermes library and view the color chart in there, it will give you an idea of the colors that are made by Hermes. Please keep in mind some of the colors depicted are not currently in production.

I ADORE green - my favourite colour by far! You may struggle to find a vert fonce Birkin.....chartreuse or amande would be amazing (not sure if amande is available in bags, though?)......good Luck!

Green is my favorite color, too! There is a gorgeous mid-toned green Birkin on ebay right now (might be vert feuillage.)
Chartreuse is also a great neutral, but lighter in shade.

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions!

Yes, I have been poring over the green color chart in the Hermes reference library. The trouble is, it's really hard to visualize what the colors would look like IRL from those swatches. That's why I was hoping some PFers might have pics of green Birkins or Kellys to show.... :yes:

p.s.--pazT, is that a Vert Fonce Birkin in the picture in your signature????

IMO, i feel that structured bags like a kelly or birkin in green would look a bit "unusual" if the size of the bag is too large. I have seen an emerald green croc kelly in 28 cm and we (as in my sis and I) share a 28 cm Vert Anis Kelly. In this "smaller" size, the green bags are nice... but anything larger...hmm... (this is my opinion only)