It Pained Me to Do It But...

1. ...I returned Edie to Saks. I had to. The fact that it was missing the serial number tag really, really bothered me. I feel like when you spend that kind of money for a bag it should be perfect! I can't deal with imperfect bags! I also didn't want to deal with potential future customers' paranoia (that's if I EVER decided to sell it).

It pained me because everything else about her was scrumptious!!! I really took care of her and she spent most of her days in her dustbag. I hope she goes to a loving home. :crybaby:

Now I am on the hunt for a new whiskey Edith...with an interior serial tag!!!

2. lordguinny - I totally understand! I had the same problem with a whiskey paddy. In the end, you know it will bother you. Don't worry, if you want, I'm sure you could get another one!

3. Totally understand! But no worries, I am sure you will have no problem getting one now! IN fact, I think my NM was getting in a big shipment of them- call Lisa (248) 635-8442, hopefully she can find you the perfect bag! Keep us posted!!!

4. Hold on - i've NEVER EVEN LOOKED INSIDE MY EDITH'S POCKETS - if you can believe that....be right back...

Okay, i'm back. I don't think either one of my ediths have a serial #!?

My first: the whiskey was ordered from NM and was in the first wave of Edith's to hit the market.

My second: the chocolate came a few months later (may?) -

WHERE EXACTLY IS THE SERIAL NUMBER SUPPOSED TO BE?

5. Thanks guys. You should have seen me while I was driving her to Saks. She looked so forlorn in her bag. I kept saying, "I'm sorry but I can't keep you without a serial tag. I hope you understand...it's not you, it's my own indiosyncracy". :sad:

I think to avoid doing a lot of ordering and returning (in efforts to find a "perfect" Edith) I'm going to stick to choosing one sight seen. Or at least have an SA with excellent description skills.

I feel bad too, because my SA in Naples will be so upset (I think they get hit on returns). :Push:

Beauxgoris, I never looked inside my Edith either until I saw a post asking where one can locate it! I wish I never read that post!!!! Ignorance is bliss!

6. So where should it be. Is it printed somewhere or under a leather flap? I don't get it?

7. Oh, and BalenciagaLove, I ordered a Ferragamo Marisa from Neiman Marcus the other day. I attached a photo. I am going to get her soon. Isn't she fabulous?! It will be my first Ferragamo. I know you like them so I wanted to share the joy with a fellow Ferragamo lover. :love:

I got the Magnolia (cream). But isn't the Berry one gor-ge-ous? The cream was $1250 but the Berry one is on sale for $910!

ferra.jpg ferraside.jpg ferratop.jpg burberry.JPG
  8. Beaux, it should be on the interior pocket sewn on a side seam. The tab should be cream and there should be a six digit code, I believe. Like the paddingtons.

I think like the photo below. Someone correct me if I am wrong (since I didn't have one in mine!!)

67LKDEWQYYLZ.jpg
  9. I FOUND THEM - I FOUND THEM!!! PHEW. I love both of my scrumply babies so much, it would pain me to think that they weren't perfect!!!

I guess I thought the # would be more obvious or something. Both of my tags say 02-06-53 <---does anyone know what that means?

10. Beaux, I am SOOOOOO happy you found them!!!! :yahoo: Your bags are so beautiful. I was so devasted when I couldn't find mine. Everyone was telling me that it shouldn't matter but it did to me. :sad: I am not sure what the bag means but I think it might be that your bags were born on February (02) - of 2006 (06)...as for the 53, you got me! Does anyone know for sure?

Question for you...what if they didn't have interior serial numbers? Would you have returned them?

11. ^^No because they are perfect and I went through hell to get them ESPECIALLY THE WHISKEY - but I would be a little disappointed I have to say. Also I don't plan on selling them - but it would bother me that if I ever did for whatever reason that buyers would think my bag was a fake.

Honestly i've had both of them in their dustbags the past couple of weeks (I scored my dream balenciaga bag this month) - but seeing them (and smelling them) again i'm startled at how beautiful they are.
    Note to self: use Edith tomorrow! :heart:

12. Lordginny,

Don't you dare buy that one that you borrowed the picture of the
    tag from. They are known to sell counterfeit bags. You don't
    always get what is pictured either. :shrugs:

13. OMG do the Silverados have the numbers too?

14. Hi chicbags, thanks for looking out for me! :shame: However, I am never buying from eBay again. No-sir-wee! Too much worry and heartache related to Ebay. It's purely department store purchases for me. Even legit websites make me nervous.

I just used the photo of the tag cus it was the only thing I could find on Ebay for a bag I thought it was authentic. It looked good to me! See, Ebay is EVIL!!!! :yucky:

15. ^^ I wanted to add LG - that one of the reasons I wouldn't return them is because i've had them for so long now. Had I noticed that they didn't have tags when I first received them, that might have been another story....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice