It is getting Insane.. Chanel is charging me $150 shipping for box and ribbon

I managed to speak with the manager today and I told her the whole thing. she agreed to refund $170 shipping to me and will ship the box for free..

Well.. i am very piss off regards to the attitude of the sales and how unhelpful she is !!!

It is all her mistake.. and I cannot see why it will cost me another $150 for the box only..

i was wondering myself why i didn't receive a box with my chanel bag i ordered from NM a few weeks ago. I wonder if they'll charge me that much if I call and request it. that's ridiculously insane!!

I actually purchased another 2.55 from the same store 1 years ago and it only cost me $110 for shipping with box and everything.

I cannot see why they told me it cost me $250 this time to ship the bag + 150 extra for the box.

I think most of the ppl know about my disappointing story from chanel..

and when I received the bag, it was imperfect itself and it comes with no box and ribbon

I rang them up.. they told me.. the reason they didnt put in the gift box is trying to reduce the shipping.. which they mentioned it cost $250 to ship to NZ.. and they only charging me 150...

if including the box.. there will be another $150 on top of it..

and now.. I requested the box.. they said they are going to charge me $150 extra...

I think that is INSANE. I want to ask any Chanel sales or anyone who ever purchase chanel from overseas. has chanel ever chaarge you $150 for shipping or more??? just for the box??

I am very angry and piss off!!!! I cannot see any reason why they charge me so much...

I think I would return the item and write to HQ about my complaints. Could it just be a bad boutique that you ordered from? Call another one and ask their policy!

Glad that you sort this out with the manager, I would be very pissed and would write to Chanel head office to file a complain...

To me the box...tissues..ribbons should all be included in the sale and presented together with the bag we purchased, Chanel should know that...there should not be exceptions.

I bought Chanels form Nordstrom and NY boutique before, they were all shipped with boxes, the NY Chanel even included ribbons ...USD54 to HK..

um... $150 for a box is completely ridiculous. you should definitely complain to the store manager. if you don't get anywhere with them, take it to corporate. this is a horrible business practice on their part considering that their bags already cost so much.

looks like you got it sorted out with the store manager; i'm glad they decided to do the right thing. i felt so bad for you i was going to send you a box with ribbon myself to make you feel better :yes:

Larkie's a doll!

I have had several bags shipped to me from NM and I'm actually never charged for shipping and it's always in it's box:shrugs:
It really seems like an isolated issue w/ this particular store/SA.
Shame on them.

Glad that you sort this out with the manager, I would be very pissed and would write to Chanel head office to file a complain...

To me the box...tissues..ribbons should all be included in the sale and presented together with the bag we purchased, Chanel should know that...there should not be exceptions.

I bought Chanels form Nordstrom and NY boutique before, they were all shipped with boxes, the NY Chanel even included ribbons ...USD54 to HK..
I agree. For the price we pay for Chanel goods, it BETTER come with the box, tissues, ribbons, etc. I find that part of the excitement and fun of getting Chanel items. :yes: I never throw away any of that stuff!

So glad that the manager finally saw sense and refunded you and has agreed to to ship the box, but if I were you and for closures sake, I would still place a call to Chanel head office and let them know what has happened.

Buying a bag should be a thrill, not a massive headache, and Chanel should know that some of its boutiques and SAs are seriously underperforming :smile: