It finally happened :(

cmars

O.G.
Jan 6, 2009
I suppose it was just a matter of time; my beloved Ebene NF straps have cracked. I have had the bag 7-8 months and I noticed a couple of weeks ago cracking on the bottom of strap where it is sewn on the bag. I'm so sad about it, I thought I lucked out with a good bag but obviously I was wrong.

Do you think I can get it re-glazed for free since it hasn't been a full year yet?

It happened to mine after 3 months. I kind of knew this would happen because when I first bought the bag, the handles were verrryy stiff. I took it back to the store and they repaired the handles free of charge. Just make sure you have the receipt with you.

It happened to me recently too :sad: and the strings on the side, I noticed a small chunk that is ripping off but still hanging on I don't want to rip it off and make it worse, I thought I got lucky with a good one too :sad: mynas about 7 months old too.... Also I noticed the handles are so wrinkleyband cracking ::sigh::

It happened to mine after 3 months. I kind of knew this would happen because when I first bought the bag, the handles were verrryy stiff. I took it back to the store and they repaired the handles free of charge. Just make sure you have the receipt with you.

Oh no! I was always concerned about cracking/peeling but went ahead anyway and bought an ebene NF right before Thanksgiving. I've been using mine a lot and the handles are still pretty stiff. I don't even put mine in its dustbag since I'm afraid the dustbag will make the handles curve or bend! That's pretty weird though that LV would ask for the receipt since they have everything on file now....

My mon mono and azur are so much softer and the handles don't dig in as much....hopefully the ebene's handles soften up over time!

LV in vancouver was very good. I bought it from Paris, there was a hold on the side did not stitched together. they gave me a new one instead, with my receipt showing to them.

Aww that sucks! I hope they can fix it for you! I want a DE NF so bad but due to the frequency of these complaints, I refuse to let myself buy one. My good ol Mono NF is still great and I have had her for almost 4 years.

Thanks everyone - I am going to try and take it to LV this weekend and see what they have to say. The cracking isn't that bad and is barely noticeable but because of all the complaints I have been keeping a close eye on it.

I do wonder if the reglazed part will crack again. The rest of the handle/straps are in great condition, no wrinkles or cracks. If I get time I will try and snap off some pics.

My straps were replaced, not reglazed. When I got back my bag, the straps were so noticeably softer. I think the reason why mine cracked was due to the stiffness of the leather.

Does this cracking happen with the monogram as well? Sorry, I'm new and trying to decide which bag and also which type to get... I tried to put on thread to ask some questions but it's telling me that I must contribute to 10 posts first before I can post a thread.
Anyways, I guess what I'm wondering is.. What was the first bag you ever purchased and why? I'm unsure of what I like more. The Neverfull or Speedy.