It finally came...FINALLY

I see a white spot on the canvass too, is that what you mean by a chip? It so so tiny I had to look hard to see it! As long as it’s not so bad the canvass would peel around it, it wouldn’t both me in the slightest.

I agree. I don’t think it would peel around it. I tried to remove a little piece that was lifting and it wouldn’t come off. I don’t think it would cause the canvass to peel. At least I don’t think. Here are two pics that are closer (with magnification) -
69F8F554-7A14-495D-91EB-61BFFAD0B2A0.jpeg

43A19491-4F55-499B-9AAB-6FC65EEB5165.jpeg

Lovely backpack! From the picture it didn’t look like a chip? Maybe I’m blind. lol

I would hope one day LV would release one in Classic Monogram or Macassar. I’d take either for a steamer backpack if that ever happens.

Lovely backpack! From the picture it didn’t look like a chip? Maybe I’m blind. lol

I would hope one day LV would release one in Classic Monogram or Macassar. I’d take either for a steamer backpack if that ever happens.
Hey BleuSaphir,

Thank you for the response! I don't know if it's a chip or more like a small tear - you can see it in the pictures I posted in the post above yours. I circled it haha

The backpack is AMAZING. I had been wanting this due to how rare it is.

Congratulations on your amazing Chapman bag! I have the giraffe tote, and the bottom corners have some white “spots” like yours. Appeared shortly after I purchased it, which bothered me a bit, but not enough to take it back or stop using and loving it! Don’t think yours will change on a top corner, and I honestly couldn’t see it until your last picture! What a great find! Enjoy!! [emoji4]

jorjaiso,

After carefully examining your photos, I see the flaw on your backpack. I also understand the frustration you are experiencing. It reminds me of the first time I noticed a minor rock chip on my car, and the big mess I created with a paint repair kit.

While I would be bothered by the flaw, whether it is major enough to cause me to return the backpack would depend on my plans for it.

It took me some time to get over the rock chip and paint repair mess on my car, but it no longer bothers me. Now, it is just a funny story, and the car has dozens of rock chips. I had to tell myself that my car was NOT a museum piece that could never be touched or driven. Instead, I purchased it because it enabled me to drive where I needed and wanted to go, and rock chips are part of the cost of the enjoyment I get from driving it.

So, the point I am trying to make is: If you purchased the backpack to keep it encased in glass, then yes, I would return it. However, if you plan to use and enjoy it; I would not let a flaw that only you will see keep me from using and enjoying it. With use, it will get additional flaws.

Finally, Congratulations on your new backpack!